Is THIS normal ingame?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Is THIS normal ingame?

Post by Tanalbi »

Only 1% for it! And it's worse on Full cover! Is it normal? It's on Normal, no EXALT

Things i edited in DGC.ini:

-Abductions rewards: I'll get $1500 for every Abduction, prize might get higher upon higher alien activity.
-Soldier XP ranks: From 200 to 200 excluiding Rookies (I.e.: Rookie 100, Lance Corporal 200, Corproral 400, etc, up until Master Sergeant, which is, as far i could remember, 1600).
-Soldier's Psi XP Ranges: From 100 to 100 (Same as above).
-Soldier given stats:

Aim: 65, it was 58 before)
Will: 30 (16)
HP: 6 (3)
Defense: 5 (-5).
Mobility: 15 (11)

-Interceptor refuel: 12 hours.
Interceptor repair, based on how many damage: 6 days maximum for low damages, 24 for severe.
-SHIV repair hours: 12.

Okay, you can judge me for trying to make it easier, i understand, but this single 1% is ridiculous, i bet i just did somethng wrong!
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: Is THIS normal ingame?

Post by szmind »

I understand you ask about 60 defense, right? The Muton must have hunkered down. That doubled his defense in Low Cover (from 30 up to 60). And that is normal even in vanilla :) Use it to your advantage, you can do the same. But Mutons will grenade you then (most probably) :))
jfoevv820ueb

Post by jfoevv820ueb »

Doesn't look like the muton is hunkered, you should see an arrow at the top of the cover indicator if an actor is hunkered. I haven't played EU in a long time, so I don't remember if hunker down is shown as a separate bonus or if its grouped with the cover. You might need to check to see if your inis are messed up. Low cover should be 30, high cover 45.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

He's not hunkering down, trust me. It's just in mid-cover, and EVERY enemy that i confront in even half cover takes off 60% of my hit chance, relatively lowering my chances to almost nothing.
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Post by szmind »

So you must have modified ini too much :). Check, there should be LOW_COVER_BONUS=30 in DefaultGameCore.ini

You need to Restore the original Long War's DefaultGameCore.ini or better reinstall the mod.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

Thanks! I've just realized i had low cover on 60 and high cover on 85, effectively making it unfair
rift

Post by rift »

Noganeto1 wrote: Okay, you can judge me for trying to make it easier, i understand...
HOW COULD YOU?! You should be ashamed of yourself for modifying LW, and making it easier. You should be jailed!
I hope that didn't sound too judgemental.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

rift wrote:
Noganeto1 wrote: Okay, you can judge me for trying to make it easier, i understand...
HOW COULD YOU?! You should be ashamed of yourself for modifying LW, and making it easier. You should be jailed!
I hope that didn't sound too judgemental.
It better be a joke, so i'll take it as a joke.