Is there a (relatively easy) way to change textures?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Schweineschnute

Is there a (relatively easy) way to change textures?

Post by Schweineschnute »

It is simply amazing what LW did for X-Com EU/EW. One of the few things that I personally would like to see adjusted are some textures the game uses currently. Since everything we have is made up of native assets used to fit as best as possible some things seem a bit odd.

For example, using tactical vests the soldier is using the "gene mod" textures, showing the bare arms with the "plugs" and, for some reason, having some high-tech looking boots. Especially in the early game this looks a bit off. What I personally like to try is so maybe let the lower half use the regular texture/model getting rid of the "gene mod boots". Is there some way to do this?
Plockets

Re: Is there a (relatively easy) way to change textures?

Post by Plockets »

There are multiple armor/weapon/camo/hair/helmet retexture packs (and even one for the flags) for XCOM available on nexusmods.com. You will need to learn how to use Texmod if you don't already know how to, in which case I would highly recommend SpazmoJones EasyTexmod.
Schweineschnute

Re: Is there a (relatively easy) way to change textures?

Post by Schweineschnute »

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to dig into it and see if I can modify some of them. :)