Grapple issues - intended or coincidence

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Grapple issues - intended or coincidence

Post by szmind »

From curiosity. Are there some intended mechanics implemented to the grapple by Long War?
1. I get it quite often (no big deal, just a little iritating) that instead of jumping to specified location my soldier gets teleported to random position (yesterday out of the map :) - sometimes underground or kind of. Do you experience the same? Is there some reason like grappling to far or too high? In fact that is one of the reasons I don't play Ironman.

2. I noticed that sometimes my soldier was able to shoot/move after grappling in second action (I think it was usually related to using some 'free action' skills, but not sure). For example: blue move, shot 'in the zone', grapple, then still able to shoot/move. Yesterday I tested the issue a few times with: blue move then grapple, but I always got the action finished. Never got it in vanilla, hence the question on the beginning of this post.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Grapple issues - intended or coincidence

Post by johnnylump »

We didn't touch grapples, so it's my belief this is a base-game issue.
martofski

Post by martofski »

Pretty sure that's a vanilla issue. You just don't use grapple armor in vanilla as much because it gets replaced with archangel/titan very quickly. This is not the case in LW hence much more opportunities for the bug to manifest.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Yes this is another xcom2 bug, for me, when i grapple t he character doesn't move. The body stays in the original place but aiming and moving is based on where he grappled too :P
Hexagonal

Post by Hexagonal »

martofski wrote:Pretty sure that's a vanilla issue. You just don't use grapple armor in vanilla as much because it gets replaced with archangel/titan very quickly.
I mean, Ghost, Titan, Archangel and Psi Armor are all the top tier for Vanilla.
Of those armors, I thought that Ghost was the best and it has the grapple.
Stark

Post by Stark »

I just had this bug for the first time. I was on the Bar & Grill map, my sniper Grappled from behind a semi-trailer to the last tile on the left- reachable from that point, on the roof of the Bar. He shot about 3 moves forward, ending up at the petrol station. I was pretty stoked because there was a Meld module one move away. :)