Trouble with WOTC Psi Op missing 'LocFriendlyName' error

Peteski

Trouble with WOTC Psi Op missing 'LocFriendlyName' error

Post by Peteski »

Hi All,

Newbie here. I have XCOM 2 added LW2 and seemed to play fine for a week or so I played it. Then WOTC came out.

I installed WOTC and was able to play it with mods disabled, no issues except very random crashes every few hours of gameplay (using Geforce experience on vid card for xcom resulted in less frequent crashes).

Now I'm about mid-game in WOTC playthrough and I've had a single psi operative training into his 4th ability. When the ability training was done I received the pop-up stating training complete with the words:

New Ability
Missing 'LocFriendlyName' for ability 'No (rest was cut off)

Now the Psi Operative is gone from solider list and I can't add any other rookies for training in Psi Chamber. Essentially the game is stuck- no more Psi ops until this is fixed.

It looks like there is something up with the gamefiles that WOTC is looking at and I'm wondering if there's any way that LW2 could have compromised them? It's the same error as has turned up in generic X2/LW2 as this thread details:
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... ame#p45070

I also tried subscribing to the LW2 PsiOp BugFix and launched XCOM2 w/WOTC with the LW2 and Psiop bugfix mods checked and the game just crashes now, won't even load regardless of whether the mods are disabled or not.

My questions:
1) Is this something I should try to fix with existing bugfixes for X2/LW2?
2) Is there a relatively safe way to remove LW2 mod where it won't toast my game progress in WOTC?
3) Does anyone know how to back up the WOTC saves, char pools etc so I if have to remove and reinstall I can restore them?

Thanks all!

Pete
8wayz

Re: Trouble with WOTC Psi Op missing 'LocFriendlyName' error

Post by 8wayz »

In general LW2 and War of the Chosen use two separate .exe files. LW2 uses the original game, while War of the Chosen uses the expanded .exe file with all the new optimisations and fixes. There is no way LW2 can overwrite any files used by War of the Chosen.

The main question is, have you activated LW2 as a mod when launching War of the Chosen ? Because that can create all sorts of side-effects seeing that LW2 is not compatible with War of the Chosen and the mod launcher properly displays that fact.

To that effect, there is no reason to remove the LW2 mod unless you have activated it as part of your War of the Chosen campaign. If you have done so, there is no way to recover that campaign. Just start a new one only using compatible mods with War of the Chosen. You can keep LW2 installed but please use it only with the original .exe file

All your char pools, saved games, photos from the Photobooth etcetera are stored in My Documents. They will remain there even after you completely uninstall the game.