extreme long loading time and other issues

Troubleshooting instructions here
codorra

extreme long loading time and other issues

Post by codorra »

Hi!

I have encountered some problems with Long War.

1.) From December (2015, first year) for some missions the loading time is extremly long.
I mean 15-30 MINUTES!!!!
It is not the first loading, but if I make some mistake DURING the mission and try to reload one earlier save of the mission (usually an Autosave) it could occur. Once it happens, there is no turning back, most saves of that mission is "gone", I mean I should redo the whole mission, which at some part gets extremly frustating (now I have a Thin Man Sniper at 50% health and a Gunstar at 50-60% health with full squad alive, every other opposition dealt with!!!).

2.) Smoke grenades do not work properly.
a.) The indicated people are not always protected (only at the end/border of the smoke, maybe a glitch of the original game).
b.) If someone is passing through a smoke covered section, then for OVERWATCH fire, the smoke coverage is not calculated to the shot, so for overwatch the shots are made if no smoke had not been used at all. I was shocked when thin men and Outsiders started to kill my people on overwatch (40-70% hit chances) even if my Engineer deployed a smoke grenade with DENSE SMOKE perk!

Any ideas? Especially for the first issue?

Thanks
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: extreme long loading time and other issues

Post by johnnylump »

On #1 -- does an enemy "fall off the map" before your save? IE -- an enemy is hit with a weapon and goes over the side of a road or building and off the play area?
codorra

Re: extreme long loading time and other issues

Post by codorra »

Hello!

In my last mission I can not recall such thing would have happened.
If Yes, then maybe a Muton Elite who was running away and was reluctant to face us. But I am not sure of this.
Even if it did, the reload time was slowed much later...

Strangely only the "RELOAD" takes such long time to load, ending turn makes the game continue at normal loading speed(his turn), but reloading makes it load enormously slow.

However, there was a mission with a similar symptom, and maybe a sectoid would have fallen into water (a loading bay area, with a warehouse covering some 30-50% of the map, bit like a peninsula, surrounded by water some small fishing boat on one side and one bigger boat with a crane on the other side).
And this also started to be slow at the last 2-3 enemy. I had a Vulcan- and a Leviathan Mectoid "below"' my squad (I was at the rooftop, with all my heavy weapons[rockets] empty, this was a hard mission to finish).