Escape key not working.

Troubleshooting instructions here
Creation_Chaos

Escape key not working.

Post by Creation_Chaos »

When I finish a mission on occasion I will no longer be able to use the ESC key to bring up the pause menu to save. I can still sometimes back out of a the research or engineering but will not bring up options. This is usually fine as I can pass time until the next mission and save mid mission but it usually precedes CTDs within a hour or so. Last time it happened I had a particularly long time with no contacts and more bugs popped up like not getting any overlay when I am trying to use the holo globe and then it CTD.

If anyone has any solutions or help with this I would appreciate the advice. Thanks for taking the time to read this and let me know if there was a post for this same problem earlier.

A little information on my end.

I run Windows 10 that was a clean install.
I am using long war mod 1.0 and this is the only one I have used.
I am on normal difficulty with a few second wave options active.
~Training Roulette
~Dynamic War (no changes)
~Perfect Information
All DLC is active.
I play Enemy Within with latest patch.
I have completely uninstalled the game and the mod and re-downloaded and it still happened. Doing it one more time for good measure.

If I think of anything else I will update it.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Escape key not working.

Post by johnnylump »

Don't really have an answer for you -- haven't seen this problem before and it's not the sort of bug our modding would tend to induce. All I can recommend is troubleshooting steps -- perhaps a verify vanilla files is in order, but the issue may be occurring outside the game.
codorra

Post by codorra »

Sometimes happens. A bit annoying, but manageable.

Do a quick save.
Shut the game down, maybe restart system.
Then reload.
Creation_Chaos

Post by Creation_Chaos »

I am pretty sure I have fixed this somehow. Did a number of things at once so I do not know what truly did it.

I moved everything steam related to a D drive. I disabled the steam synchronized saves. Completely uninstalled everything and reinstalled once again.

The problem seems to have stopped. The only bug I have found since then has been on mission a teammate spawned outside of the map.