Fleche not ignoring Hunker bonus

archangel

Fleche not ignoring Hunker bonus

Post by archangel »

LW2 mod version: 1.1
Windows

If I understand correctly Hunker should only work vs targets you have cover vs.
Fleche as a melee attack ignores cover, but I found enemy still got the hunker bonus to defense.

At least the mod Perfect Information showed it so but I got no other way to know if it is true or not.
LordYanaek

Re: Fleche not ignoring Hunker bonus

Post by LordYanaek »

Bump as i wanted to report the same issue.
LW2 1.2 without Perfect Information.
It's not just a display bug as i actually missed the 65% attack. If hunker was showed because the target had cover at the start of the movement but not applied it would have been a 95% attack with no way to completely miss due to 10% graze band.

List of mods

Code: Select all

QoL (12):
   Additional Icons
   Show More Buff Details
   LW2: Better Squad Icon Selector
   TacticalUI KillCounter
   Gotcha Again
   No Drop-down Lists
   Upcoming events in hours
   Quick End Turn
   LW2: ShowMeTheSkills Revived
   Customize UIEventNotice
   Show Infiltration percentage in Squad Select
   Commander's Choice

Total Overhaul (1):
   Long War 2

Cosmetic (10):
   Menace 1 Five Tattoos
   LW2: Requested Squad Icons
   MtM's LW2 Squad Icon Pack
   Calmer Colors - Hair
   Calmer Colors - Eyes
   Calmer Colors - Armor
   Shaken Scars are Back!
   Alien Hunters Armor Customization Tweaks
   Capnbubs Accessories Pack
   Free the Hood

Rules Tweaks (2):
   Reliable Ever Vigilant
   Free Reload Anytime

Bugfixes (2):
   Facility Staff Slot Indicator Fix
   No free actions for Andromedon Robot
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

the hunker bonuses don't check if an attack is melee, so hunker do treat melee attacks as if they are ranged (if you flank them before your fleche you can bypass these bonuses)
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

From what I know, melee attacks are based on your starting position. If your not flanking the unit from your starting position and they are hunkered then the bonus applies. If you flank them first, then the hunker bonus will not apply.

The same thing goes for perks like Lone Wolf. Even if the ending square is far enough away, if your starting square is too close then you will not get lone wolf bonus.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

bountygiver wrote:the hunker bonuses don't check if an attack is melee, so hunker do treat melee attacks as if they are ranged (if you flank them before your fleche you can bypass these bonuses)
And now my hopes for a fix are suddenly higher ;)
chrisb wrote:From what I know, melee attacks are based on your starting position. If your not flanking the unit from your starting position and they are hunkered then the bonus applies. If you flank them first, then the hunker bonus will not apply.

The same thing goes for perks like Lone Wolf. Even if the ending square is far enough away, if your starting square is too close then you will not get lone wolf bonus.
That's OK for Lone Wolf but since melee attacks ignore cover, it seems they should also ignore bonuses that depend on cover such as Hunker or Will to Survive (i expect it would also apply).