Why do I never get scopes?

Nibelung44

Why do I never get scopes?

Post by Nibelung44 »

I have 18 hair triggers, 23 stocks and ... 2 scopes!

Is it bad luck or normal distribution?

Also, stocks are very rarely used. They might have some use, but most often, they are left unused. Check also XWynns videos, I'm not even sure he has actually used any? (although I'm only at video 34 :) )
Alketi

Re: Why do I never get scopes?

Post by Alketi »

HAHA, I've got similar distribution - a massive shortage of scopes and a ridiculous over-abundance of stocks, which I find useless on anyone other than a Sharpshooter.

I barely scraped together 3 base-level scopes to do the PG project. Unfortunately, I've only found one Advanced Scope and no Elite Scopes, so it's not looking good on that front.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

Sometimes it goes the other way though. I've bought stocks in the BM before, because I really needed them for my DfA snipers...
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

See, the reason xwynns haven't used stocks is because... He has hardly found any! Much how you hardly found scopes.
I think that's mostly bad luck, but scopes are also a little rarer.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

In my latest campaign, it took nearly 2 full months before I found my first Stock for my snipers. It was something like my 40th loot drop.
Solomani

Post by Solomani »

I'm in June and have only one basic scope and one basic expanded magazine. I've an elite laser sight and tons of auto loaders. All I seem to get are auto loaders even though Advent has the scope dark event.
Kharneth

Post by Kharneth »

Maybe a little off topic but, anyone more thinks stocks need a revision? The only use for it is for a dfa sharpshooter, even with the 4 slots continent bonus every other class have better mods, and every mods fills well more than a unique class use. See it:

-auto loaders and magazines, everyone want these. Obviously shooty classes take more advantage of it but nobody wants to spend an action in reload in the middle of a fight
-scopes: only assault and shinoby have little use of it
-laser scope :shine for assaults, sharpshooter and critical ranger. Smg users goes well with this too, because they have mobility to make flank shoot many times. If you have a holotargeter in the squad it is good for all.
-air trigggers: for all ow builds, also good for everyone in ow scamp missions
-suppressors : good for everyone in all mission with infiltration time, the soon your squad come back, the better.

I'm sure I miss uses for the other mods but for stocks, sharpshooter dfa is the only use. I think that maybe it can rework to make more usable for more classes. A only one class weapon mod probably fit better if it was a perk or a rule of the snipers rifles
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Kharneth wrote:Maybe a little off topic but, anyone more thinks stocks need a revision? The only use for it is for a dfa sharpshooter, even with the 4 slots continent bonus every other class have better mods, and every mods fills well more than a unique class use. See it:

-auto loaders and magazines, everyone want these. Obviously shooty classes take more advantage of it but nobody wants to spend an action in reload in the middle of a fight
-scopes: only assault and shinoby have little use of it
-laser scope :shine for assaults, sharpshooter and critical ranger. Smg users goes well with this too, because they have mobility to make flank shoot many times. If you have a holotargeter in the squad it is good for all.
-air trigggers: for all ow builds, also good for everyone in ow scamp missions
-suppressors : good for everyone in all mission with infiltration time, the soon your squad come back, the better.

I'm sure I miss uses for the other mods but for stocks, sharpshooter dfa is the only use. I think that maybe it can rework to make more usable for more classes. A only one class weapon mod probably fit better if it was a perk or a rule of the snipers rifles
This is a fair point, and it makes me think-- what if Steady Aim were just another baked-in squaddie level perk for Sharps, and the Stock became an "Alternate Magazine" type weapon mod that enabled an Ammo slot (weightless) for the soldier? I'm not even sure this is possible with the way the game is set up internally, but it'd be a decent and neat fix for the ammo issue many players are wanting changed, and would help round out the weapon mod line-up to smooth over this outlier that, as you mention, only really gets used by one subset of one class.
evilbend0r

Post by evilbend0r »

In my first campaign i got scopes rare .. not very but definitly rare enough. So i did asap the proving ground project for scopes when possible.

Got a little bit lucky with stocks ... very early an elite one dropped for my A-Team sniper ... so i didnt care about any stock dropping later.

Never had the chance to get a fourth weapon slot - didnt have the continent bonus in my campaign :/
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

evilbend0r wrote:Never had the chance to get a fourth weapon slot - didnt have the continent bonus in my campaign :/
The mod Advanced Modular Weapons that provides a Proving Ground project to get the 4th slot. Don't know if it works with LW2, as I haven't gotten that far yet.
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

Get vulture early, the upgrade pays for itself in like a month and you'll be drowned in low level upgrades and have sufficient elite upgrades, it also solves the elerium core problem.