If 2 Archon Kings Appear In Game Do Both Have to Be Killed?

marceror

If 2 Archon Kings Appear In Game Do Both Have to Be Killed?

Post by marceror »

The Alien Ruler DLC is super borked in LW2! :(

I'm not sure how this will work. I had two missions generated close to the same time, with the Archon King being added to the list of enemies.

I left the first Archon King at a little more than half health and 1 armor before he escaped. The second Archon King was almost exactly at half health and 0 armor before he escaped.

So, will both of these instances of the AK appear again in the future? Or will only one, and if so would it be the earlier or later? OR... does this mean my game is hopelessly bugged and neither will reappear? Or...other?

For what it's worth, I have a second mission available to go back and rerun the entire related quest mission over again. I am pretending it isn't there, and never plan to even so much as click on it.
LordYanaek

Re: If 2 Archon Kings Appear In Game Do Both Have to Be Killed?

Post by LordYanaek »

marceror wrote: For what it's worth, I have a second mission available to go back and rerun the entire related quest mission over again. I am pretending it isn't there, and never plan to even so much as click on it.
Good idea, it have been reported to be impossible to finish The Nest on the second run.
And yes, DLCs are completely nuts currently. The strangest part is i don't recall any issue in 1.0 so either i was lucky or those bugs appeared as the devs were trying to fix something else :?

Can't guess as to what will happen. Try to play normally. You might end up with 2 armors, or not at all. In my current campaign they never showed (the nest never appeared) so i have no armor. Oh well, i can live without.
marceror

Post by marceror »

For what it's worth, I did just see the Archon King again, and it was the second version of him that I fought previously. I know that because that was the one that had all its armor shredded away.

Not sure if I'll end up seeing the other one again, but it appears that I have all the appropriate autopsies available, so at least I should end up with the Archon armor.

I'll keep ignoring that second Alien Ruler mission, and hopefully I won't see any more weirdness with this in my campaign.
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

I have had some (probably selfmade) strange situations until now...

First playthrough (1.1) was without any ruler and no chance to start the nest mission.

For my actual 2nd campaign, I activated the nest mission by console command, because I was already at magnetic weapons (without rushing) and I was in fear, that it would be again without any ruler. So I played the console-nest (there were ADVENT troops in addition to the young vipers) and killed the King. I got his corpse and my shinobi is now wearing his armor.

A week or so later, the nest popped up as a regular mission. I played it again (now with the normal enemies there), killed the King and got his corpse again. Tygan hold his speech again - I should research this species etc. - but neither research could be started, nor construction of a new armor could.

Quite some time later, the other rulers didn't show up on any mission, I got the nest misson again. This time I ignored it and it remains on my map since then. I thought this ignored mission could be the reason, why the other rulers won't show up in battle, so I decided to spawn the Queen by console command on my next HQ assault. I managed to kill her and got the corpse and the suit later on. Then I did the same, with the Archon King.

During the last mission, a new Berserker Queen showed up, with full health. The result was the same, as from the 2nd Viper King.

So, there is much work to do, to fix this DLC in LW2 (Spark an related mission worked fine).

The behavior of the rulers was strange. As far as I remember, in vanilla they had an action for each of my soldiers actions. In LW2 they had... I don't know... one action for 5 to 10 of my soldiers actions. Is this intended?
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

LW2 rulers are now completely non threats, yes, since they only have a 20% chance to react
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

Zaramnor wrote:I have had some (probably selfmade) strange situations until now...

First playthrough (1.1) was without any ruler and no chance to start the nest mission.

For my actual 2nd campaign, I activated the nest mission by console command, because I was already at magnetic weapons (without rushing) and I was in fear, that it would be again without any ruler. So I played the console-nest (there were ADVENT troops in addition to the young vipers) and killed the King. I got his corpse and my shinobi is now wearing his armor.

A week or so later, the nest popped up as a regular mission. I played it again (now with the normal enemies there), killed the King and got his corpse again. Tygan hold his speech again - I should research this species etc. - but neither research could be started, nor construction of a new armor could.

Quite some time later, the other rulers didn't show up on any mission, I got the nest misson again. This time I ignored it and it remains on my map since then. I thought this ignored mission could be the reason, why the other rulers won't show up in battle, so I decided to spawn the Queen by console command on my next HQ assault. I managed to kill her and got the corpse and the suit later on. Then I did the same, with the Archon King.

During the last mission, a new Berserker Queen showed up, with full health. The result was the same, as from the 2nd Viper King.

So, there is much work to do, to fix this DLC in LW2 (Spark an related mission worked fine).

The behavior of the rulers was strange. As far as I remember, in vanilla they had an action for each of my soldiers actions. In LW2 they had... I don't know... one action for 5 to 10 of my soldiers actions. Is this intended?
I have the same issues with Rulers too. Have killed viper king in the nest mission, but dont encounter the other 2 kings on the last month of first year.

Could you post the console command of spawning kings in mission, Zaramonor? I want to spawn a Archon King in a HQ mission to make a epic battle. Thanks a lot!
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

@rifleman

Sure, it's from another thread here:

"DropUnit BerserkerQueen 1 0" and "DropUnit ArchonKing 1 0" (each without quotation marks)

As far as I could see, it drops the unit at your cursor position. So for a small "surprise" you can spawn the unit at the unrevealed part of the map. The King/Queen will then patrol on it's own will.
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

What is the 10 mean? I tried without 10, it work as well.
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

I just fight the 4th King, Avatar King, with the folloing console command:
DropUnit PerfectedAvatar 1 0

That battle is epic. You have no chance to kill a Avatar King in the original game. Maybe you could do that in LW2. Cause Ruler Action have been nerf into 25% activate. You could subscribe Avatar King mod in here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =786342492
marceror

Post by marceror »

marceror wrote:For what it's worth, I did just see the Archon King again, and it was the second version of him that I fought previously. I know that because that was the one that had all its armor shredded away.

Not sure if I'll end up seeing the other one again, but it appears that I have all the appropriate autopsies available, so at least I should end up with the Archon armor.

I'll keep ignoring that second Alien Ruler mission, and hopefully I won't see any more weirdness with this in my campaign.
Quite a bit of time has passed in the game, and I haven't seen that second iteration of the Archon King, so I guess when/if this happens, it's the later alien ruler that will return, and the earlier one does not. At least, that has been my personal observation.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

marceror wrote:The Alien Ruler DLC is super borked in LW2! :(

I'm not sure how this will work. I had two missions generated close to the same time, with the Archon King being added to the list of enemies.

I left the first Archon King at a little more than half health and 1 armor before he escaped. The second Archon King was almost exactly at half health and 0 armor before he escaped.

So, will both of these instances of the AK appear again in the future? Or will only one, and if so would it be the earlier or later? OR... does this mean my game is hopelessly bugged and neither will reappear? Or...other?

For what it's worth, I have a second mission available to go back and rerun the entire related quest mission over again. I am pretending it isn't there, and never plan to even so much as click on it.
AFAIK, which is very little, the second Archon King you met was the first one back for revenge? Like I had a Berserker Queen show up and run away with half HP and no armor; a while later, a Berserker Queen showed up with half HP and no armor so I took her head off. ...the weird thing that happened to me was ANOTHER Queen showed up a while later, also with half HP and no armor; that I have no explanation for.
marceror

Post by marceror »

Ithuriel wrote:

AFAIK, which is very little, the second Archon King you met was the first one back for revenge? Like I had a Berserker Queen show up and run away with half HP and no armor; a while later, a Berserker Queen showed up with half HP and no armor so I took her head off. ...the weird thing that happened to me was ANOTHER Queen showed up a while later, also with half HP and no armor; that I have no explanation for.
It was different for me. I saw 2 different Archon Kings within a couple of missions of each other (read: a couple of game days, they had likely been queued up almost around the same time). The second Archon King had no damage and was a "fresh" version of him. He came back later for another battle and was defeated, whereas it appears that the first Archon King won't be coming back. It's been a long time.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

marceror wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:

It was different for me. I saw 2 different Archon Kings within a couple of missions of each other (read: a couple of game days, they had likely been queued up almost around the same time). The second Archon King had no damage and was a "fresh" version of him. He came back later for another battle and was defeated, whereas it appears that the first Archon King won't be coming back. It's been a long time.
Huh, that's strange. I also had something really frustrating happened with the Berserker Queen- I took my first Kubikiri shot of the game with my best sniper, and crit. It doesn't execute Rulers, but it's supposed to deal double normal crit damage. ....I dealt 16 damage with a crit Kubikiri with a Mag Long Rifle. FFS Precision Shot deals a minimum of 18.....
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

Ithuriel wrote:Huh, that's strange. I also had something really frustrating happened with the Berserker Queen- I took my first Kubikiri shot of the game with my best sniper, and crit. It doesn't execute Rulers, but it's supposed to deal double normal crit damage. ....I dealt 16 damage with a crit Kubikiri with a Mag Long Rifle. FFS Precision Shot deals a minimum of 18.....
16 damage is possible with double crit damage. Long rifles have a damage range from 6-11, with +4 crit damage. So double crit damage range is 14-19. Precision Shot crit damage range would be 11-16.

I'm not sure if that's WAD, but it could be...
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

Jadiel wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:Huh, that's strange. I also had something really frustrating happened with the Berserker Queen- I took my first Kubikiri shot of the game with my best sniper, and crit. It doesn't execute Rulers, but it's supposed to deal double normal crit damage. ....I dealt 16 damage with a crit Kubikiri with a Mag Long Rifle. FFS Precision Shot deals a minimum of 18.....
16 damage is possible with double crit damage. Long rifles have a damage range from 6-11, with +4 crit damage. So double crit damage range is 14-19. Precision Shot crit damage range would be 11-16.

I'm not sure if that's WAD, but it could be...
Erm.... my Precision Shot I have never seen crit less than 15.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Jadiel wrote: 16 damage is possible with double crit damage. Long rifles have a damage range from 6-11, with +4 crit damage. So double crit damage range is 14-19. Precision Shot crit damage range would be 11-16.
You probably aren't calculating that right.

It's not double damage on the crit bonus, it's double the entire crit. So a Mag Sniper Rifle should do 20-30 damage on a kubikiri crit against a Ruler.

Similarly, precision shot adds 33% on top of the entire crit. So a Mag Sniper Rifle should do ~13-20 damage.

These numbers are without Center Mass or other damage increasing perks.

I took a look at the code for Kubikiri against alien rulers and it doesn't look like it returns double damage.

Code: Select all

AbilityRef = TargetUnit.FindAbility('AlienRulerPassive');
					if (AbilityRef.ObjectID != 0)
					{
						return (CurrentDamage);
					}
Either the tooltip is wrong or there is a bug.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

Killer Instinct:
Activating Run and Gun grants +50% critical damage for the rest of the turn
Precision Shot:
Take a special shot with +30 bonus to critical chance and 33% bonus critical damage
Kubikiri:
Against Alien Rulers, a critical hit will do double normal crit damage instead of killing the enemy outright
I think all of these abilities work in the same way at the moment, and I think their tooltips are all similar. They only affect the bonus damage done by crits, not the base damage. So for a Mag shotgun with +4 crit damage, you get +6 damage when activating RnG if you have Killer Instinct. Precision shot increases your crit damage by only 1 or 2, and Kubikiri only doubles the crit damage, not the whole shot's damage.

I'm not 100% sure about any of them though, and I haven't tried testing them specifically in game. I have no idea whether this is WAD or not (you'd need developer confirmation for that), but I think it's consistent, and I don't think there's an inconsistency between in-game behaviour and tooltips.

I'd love to know if I'm wrong though, and if you've tested any of these perks and found that they work differently to the way I think.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Jadiel wrote:Killer Instinct:
Activating Run and Gun grants +50% critical damage for the rest of the turn
Precision Shot:
Take a special shot with +30 bonus to critical chance and 33% bonus critical damage
Kubikiri:
Against Alien Rulers, a critical hit will do double normal crit damage instead of killing the enemy outright
I think all of these abilities work in the same way at the moment, and I think their tooltips are all similar. They only affect the bonus damage done by crits, not the base damage. So for a Mag shotgun with +4 crit damage, you get +6 damage when activating RnG if you have Killer Instinct. Precision shot increases your crit damage by only 1 or 2, and Kubikiri only doubles the crit damage, not the whole shot's damage.

I'm not 100% sure about any of them though, and I haven't tried testing them specifically in game. I have no idea whether this is WAD or not (you'd need developer confirmation for that), but I think it's consistent, and I don't think there's an inconsistency between in-game behaviour and tooltips.

I'd love to know if I'm wrong though, and if you've tested any of these perks and found that they work differently to the way I think.
It does take into account the whole damage of the hit, not just the extra.

Killer Instinct

if(AppliedData.AbilityResultContext.HitResult == eHit_Crit)
	{
		return int (CurrentDamage * (default.KILLER_INSTINCT_CRIT_DAMAGE_BONUS_PCT / 100));
	}
Precision Shot

if(AppliedData.AbilityResultContext.HitResult == eHit_Crit)
	{
		ExtraDamage = Max (1, (float(CurrentDamage) * default.PRECISION_SHOT_CRIT_DAMAGE_MODIFIER));
	}
Kubikuri

AbilityRef = TargetUnit.FindAbility('AlienRulerPassive');
	if (AbilityRef.ObjectID != 0)
	{
		return (CurrentDamage);
	}
	if (TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_HP) <= TargetUnit.GetMaxStat(eStat_HP) * class'X2Ability_PerkPackAbilitySet'.default.KUBIKURI_MAX_HP_PCT / 100)	
	{				
		return int(TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_HP)+TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_ShieldHP)+TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_ArmorMitigation)+5);
	}
Kubikuri doesn't actually double the damage at all. Wonder if this is a bug?