Release for Patch 1.3

i64man

Release for Patch 1.3

Post by i64man »

Good morning team,

awesome work with the LW2! I just have a question with regard to the new patch; do you have an estimated release date for the patch? I saw a YouTube video showing the Smash and Grab mission and it looks like fun.

Thanks for your answer.
Franzy

Re: Release for Patch 1.3

Post by Franzy »

Your. Question. Just. Killed. My. Rookie!!!!

We all want to know the answer to that question, but they never answer. I believe the intended schedule was about a patch a month (judging from the first two). But it's April already, no March patch.
azarga

Post by azarga »

Poor rookie
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Ohhh noooo. This one had great aim!
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

I can already hear Tygan's laments over the comms.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

This is literally just a guess, but when last noted by Xwynns where the patch was in the process, he said it was still a ways off, that was about a week ago. I would not expect it very soon, at least not until you start seeing crowdsourced translation requests from the devs and all.
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

RIP Rookie
evilbend0r

Post by evilbend0r »

I see dead Rookies everywhere :cry:
Goldenmonkey

Post by Goldenmonkey »

Whenever a rookie fucks up, I ask this several times, to punish all rookies for being idiots.
When will 1.3 get released?

Muahahaha :twisted:
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

As Johnny himself said: a good sign of a patch being near (near as in about 1-2 weeks away) is a call for fan translations by pavonis. This Call hasn't occured yet, so my guess: at the very least 3 weeks, probably more.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

Also, they're still adding balance changes. There are two additional Gameplay changes this week. Once they stop adding new ones (and perhaps reveal what they are testing), that's a good sign that the patch will be out soon.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

Ok, we need a new thread. The topic will be "When?" and the post will be also "When?" And all replies in this post should be "When?".

There we will be like a cursed lunatics, damned fools, zombies, whatever and ask only one question, but never get the answer. But still we will be going again and again without stopping: "When? When? When?.."

And from that time no more these posts. If you want to ask for a date, you just go and join the brainless zombie army, open that post and type "When?" in the reply.
Antigonos

Post by Antigonos »

Could we at least get a sneak peak and learn about some balance changes? Even if they are subject to modification.
Content Consumer

Post by Content Consumer »

If asking when the next version comes out kills a rookie, does asking if I should start a new campaign wound them? :D
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Antigonos wrote:Could we at least get a sneak peak and learn about some balance changes? Even if they are subject to modification.
There IS a sticky topic here with all the finalized changes.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Goldenmonkey wrote:Whenever a rookie fucks up, I ask this several times, to punish all rookies for being idiots.

Muahahaha :twisted:
You ruined some Gatecrusher.
darkerevent

Post by darkerevent »

"If only there was something we could have done... some aspect of our research that could be improved..."

I might be paraphrasing XCOM:EW Vahlen rather than Tygan, but w/e. Ded rookies. :(
wizard1200

Post by wizard1200 »

Any news regarding the release date? I ask, because i am not sure if i should start a new campaign or wait for the release.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

They're still adding changes (you can see on the 1.3 changes sticky). Last time I made this comment (3 weeks ago) they were at 16 changes. This week it went up to 26 changes. I would imagine there's still more testing to do, so I wouldn't expect it for at least another week or so.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

I wish you guys would stop killing my rookies, I am having a hard enough time keeping them alive in 1.3 as it is.
wizard1200

Post by wizard1200 »

deaconivory wrote:I wish you guys would stop killing my rookies, I am having a hard enough time keeping them alive in 1.3 as it is.
My rookies use "hunker down" when i ask for a release date. Perhaps your rookies should try it, too :)
Content Consumer

Post by Content Consumer »

wizard1200 wrote:
deaconivory wrote:I wish you guys would stop killing my rookies, I am having a hard enough time keeping them alive in 1.3 as it is.
My rookies use "hunker down" when i ask for a release date. Perhaps your rookies should try it, too :)
I tried that. Mutons threw grenades, they're dead anyway.
These days, the survivors all experience PTSD problems whenever I say the word "when."
Zloth

Post by Zloth »

Jadiel wrote:This week it went up to 26 changes. I would imagine there's still more testing to do, so I wouldn't expect it for at least another week or so.
The translation post was also called "batch 1" which implies at least a "batch 2" still to come - probably for those latest changes.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views…
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

We're losing rookies left and right, Commander! We need to get these people out of here!