Is there a way to change order of buttons?

Franzy

Is there a way to change order of buttons?

Post by Franzy »

I have millions UI mods that add millions new buttons to soldier commands list, like "Overwatch all", "Overwatch others", "Preview LoS" etc. And some of them appear in really awkward places. For example, I use "Preview LoS" like a couple of times per campaign maybe, but it is right in the begining of the list. I want it in the back!
So is there a way to change order of buttons? Some INI-hacks or mods maybe? Could not google anything on the topic :( I wil also settle for a mod that changes buttons to show in two rows :)
Franzy

Re: Is there a way to change order of buttons?

Post by Franzy »

Looked through mods config files, some of them do allow to change button order! But only some, strangely :/
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

It's not an ini thing unless it's explicitly set up to do so; most abilities hard-code it in the ability template. It's the ShotHUDPriority setting.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

IIRC, BountyGiver's "---30 Ability Icons---" used to have as set of configurable priority calls that would re-organize most Icons on that bar. Sadly.. he has removed this feature in the latest version.

Yet.. since LW-PerkPack (and by deduction, LW2 also) isn't compatible with anything that deals with "UITacticalHUD_AbilityContainer" functionality via Overrides -- we're out of luck to fiddle with priority variations, unless a specific new MOD would be created for that task.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

You'd just need to mod the templates when they are loaded; it's not that hard if you can code in the tool kit -- we do it in dozens of places with LWTemplateMods class in LW2. You can even set up dozens of ini variables if you like.
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

Zyxpsilon wrote:IIRC, BountyGiver's "---30 Ability Icons---" used to have as set of configurable priority calls that would re-organize most Icons on that bar. Sadly.. he has removed this feature in the latest version.

Yet.. since LW-PerkPack (and by deduction, LW2 also) isn't compatible with anything that deals with "UITacticalHUD_AbilityContainer" functionality via Overrides -- we're out of luck to fiddle with priority variations, unless a specific new MOD would be created for that task.
no it's the original mod that has that feature but he pulled his mod, my mod is a replacement for that functionality and i never implemented that feature because i dont know they have that feature in the first place.

Also LOS preview do have config to change the icon order.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

I stand corrected.. never realized the "old" version was from somebody else -- lack of memory for sure! ;)

But *IF* that new "LOS preview" mod still has an alternate solution (yet for itself only) -- there you go.. the OP could manage to obtain an indirect solution or another Mod developper could pick up the slack for a fresh product that could scramble with those priority functions -- in theory. :D
Franzy

Post by Franzy »

Code: Select all

+IconOrder=199
; For IconOrder, smaller numbers make the ability more to the left side.
; Notable icon index: Reload when out of ammo - 70, standard shot - 100, Overwatch - 200, pistol shot - 210, Reload - 700
; Evac - 240, class perks - 310-370 (Each rank increments at step of 10), hunker - 400, most items 1000 - 1800
This comment in "LoS Preview" mod config made me believe there is some intrinsic mechanism for ordering icons :)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Well, there is some intrinsic mechanism for ordering icons, it's simply usually not exposed to the ini.

Also it might not be exactly what you want but Grimy's Hotkeys mod allows you to hide some abilities, typically abilities you want to trigger with hotkeys such as overwatch. It helps reduce clutter on the "ability bar" when playing with mods that add a lot of those.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

That "LOS" comment paragraph surely reminds me of the old (30 Ability) version where it also gave a summary of common types & provided a set of custom iconorder instructions for us to adjust.

I went into --Overwatch/All+Others-- UC scripts to try finding such indirect gimmicks but i think it only hooks to the GameState to insert its own set.