Is underinfiltrating 1 enemy-count level bearable?

IslamDunk

Is underinfiltrating 1 enemy-count level bearable?

Post by IslamDunk »

I am doing a Veteran Campaign, and the current date is December 6 2035.
I need to destroy an Alien Relay in an ADVENT Strength 4 region so I can prevent the data leak. However the given infiltration time is not enough (3 Days 6 Hours), and my B team of six members can only infiltrate at 93%, even with the Intel investment. Thus the expected enemy count is Light.

I am generally okay with Light, but are there any other details that I should know when I am under-infiltrating, aside from Evac Delay and Enemy Detection Radius?
orion_winterfire

Re: Is underinfiltrating 1 enemy-count level bearable?

Post by orion_winterfire »

IslamDunk wrote:I am doing a Veteran Campaign, and the current date is December 6 2035.
I need to destroy an Alien Relay in an ADVENT Strength 4 region so I can prevent the data leak. However the given infiltration time is not enough (3 Days 6 Hours), and my B team of six members can only infiltrate at 93%, even with the Intel investment. Thus the expected enemy count is Light.

I am generally okay with Light, but are there any other details that I should know when I am under-infiltrating, aside from Evac Delay and Enemy Detection Radius?
Accelerated reinforcement iirc.
JM01

Post by JM01 »

orion_winterfire wrote:
IslamDunk wrote:I am doing a Veteran Campaign, and the current date is December 6 2035.

Accelerated reinforcement iirc.
This. There is a bucket for reinforcements for each mission that you take and the bucket fills up faster the higher the alert level so if you do take on under infiltrated missions you can expect to see RNFs more quickly.

In the case that you are doing something with "Light" enemy activity I am going to guess you are doing a mission in a strength 3 region, which will put the total alert level at 4. In my experience with 1.3/1.4 alert level 4 is when RNFs start coming in kind of quickly so you will want to make sure you can take out pods rather fast. If this is a jail break you can expect to guaranteed fight at least 1 pod of RNFs (and very likely a second) before you finish the mission. Oh and if you have the rapid respond event active I would forget doing anything in a strength 3+ region (would still recommend strength 3 or below if you can over infiltrate to get the -2 alert, likely with a boost).
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

If you aren't sure just take the retal. But Light with 6 should be doable, plus you get 12 turns to get it done.
DaviBones

Post by DaviBones »

If you are confident in your squad, their loadout, and your skill as a commander, underinfiltrating by 1 or even 2 alert levels is absolutely doable (on most mission types).

Another thing people haven't mentioned -- underinfiltrating increases the chance of green-alert or yellow-alert reactions by 1% per % underinfiltrated. In your instance, it will be increased by 100% - 93% = 7%, meaning enemy alert action chance will go from 20% -> 27%.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

DaviBones wrote: Another thing people haven't mentioned -- underinfiltrating increases the chance of green-alert or yellow-alert reactions by 1% per % underinfiltrated. In your instance, it will be increased by 100% - 93% = 7%, meaning enemy alert action chance will go from 20% -> 27%.
I believe that's the Legend value - it varies by difficulty, and is significantly less extreme on Veteran (to the degree of one tenth as much, if I'm remembering correctly). Not much of a consideration for OP in this situation.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

fowlJ wrote:
DaviBones wrote: Another thing people haven't mentioned -- underinfiltrating increases the chance of green-alert or yellow-alert reactions by 1% per % underinfiltrated. In your instance, it will be increased by 100% - 93% = 7%, meaning enemy alert action chance will go from 20% -> 27%.
I believe that's the Legend value - it varies by difficulty, and is significantly less extreme on Veteran (to the degree of one tenth as much, if I'm remembering correctly). Not much of a consideration for OP in this situation.
Here's all the relevant configs reflex actions.

Code: Select all

; Controls how frequently a scampering alien will receive an extra action point when they activate on their own turn while in yellow alert. This uses the yellow action table.
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[0]=0.0
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[1]=0.20
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[2]=0.33
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_YELLOW[3]=0.38

; Controls how frequently a scampering alien will receive an extra action point when they activate on their own turn while in green alert. This uses the green action table.
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[0]=0
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[1]=0.20
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[2]=0.33
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_GREEN[3]=0.50

; The amount the chance to take an action will drop after each success in a pod. The count is reset
; for each pod that activates within a single turn.
REFLEX_ACTION_CHANCE_REDUCTION=0.05

; Each % infiltration above 100% decreases reflex chance by this amount
HIGH_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[0]=1.0
HIGH_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[1]=0.5
HIGH_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[2]=0.1
HIGH_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[3]=0.1

; Each % infiltration short of 100% increases reflex chance by this amount
LOW_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[0]=0.0
LOW_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[1]=0.1
LOW_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[2]=0.5
LOW_INFILTRATION_MODIFIER_ON_REFLEX_ACTIONS[3]=1.0