Crash on mission completion

Draco

Crash on mission completion

Post by Draco »

I have a game-breaking issue in my current Long War 2 campaign, wherein upon mission completion of the rescue mission that i am currently on, the game crashes to desktop before the skyranger loading screen completes.

Apologies if this is not the place for this or such, but this bug has completely halted, if not destroyed, my campaign. Any help would be appreciated, either in identifying the issue, ir any tricks/commands to return to the avenger as normal. Thanks.

As for other mods, im running almost entirely cosmetic mods, besides a couple of map parcels. The only others of note are Uniform Manager which i've already tried disabling to no effect, and soldier size modifier which doesnt seem to be the cause either.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Crash on mission completion

Post by tracktwo »

Can you upload your save somewhere and post a link to it here so I can try to reproduce it here?
Draco

Post by Draco »

Thank you so much for the reply! https://ufile.io/1z9ub here is a link to the save file as requested. Do you need a mod list? Or will the save file specify the missing mods. As a test I tried running it with most of the mods turned off (except map parcels just in case) and it ran fine (with some invisible limbs etc.) until the crash at the end. Thanks again.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

I can get the mod list out of the save, but if you are running more than about 10 or 15 and are using the AML then an exported list of your mods makes my life easier but isn't required.

I'm in an airport right now on my way back home, so it'll be another day or so before I can look at the save.
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

I got the same crash on mission completion as well. After research the whole night, I found a armor Mod(Warden Gear[WOTC friendly now]) which has been update to WOTC, cause the crash.

If you have some mod has changed to WOTC version, you must to delete or unsubscrible the mod. If you just kepp the WOTC mod, you will still crash again. I hope you could fix the crash after you unsubscrible all the WOTC mod.
Draco

Post by Draco »

I'm just going to check now, but I think you may have just saved my save file! (I have that mod installed). Just going to unsubscribe and uninstall it and see if that helps.

Edit: After testing I still had the crash, but I'll check the rest to see if any others have been updated. I didn't even think to check the cosmetic mods as I thought they'd cause little issue...

Edit 2: THANKYOU! Turns out a few mods got updated to WotC without creating a new upload file for some reason, but i disabled the rest and now it works fine :D thanks for all the help.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the update and that's good to know. People really shouldn't be updating their existing mods to WotC and breaking vanilla though...
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

tracktwo wrote:Thanks for the update and that's good to know. People really shouldn't be updating their existing mods to WotC and breaking vanilla though...
Trust me, I hate it too. Seems like absolutely terrible modder ediquite to do so, breaking save files in action by making them DLC dependent.

And yet tons of modders are doing it. I'm glad at least a few of them are leaving the legacy versions as is and making new mods for the WOTC version. I scrapped my previous campaign that was at the end-game just because having half my mod list update to need WOTC sorta broke all the things.
GothSkunk

Post by GothSkunk »

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Hello.

Sorry to necro this post, but I'm getting the exact same problem here, and have been for the last 24 hours.

I'm a few months into the LW2 campaign and have never had the problem until 24 hours ago. At first I thought it was something with the Smash 'N Grab mission I was currently on, so I loaded an earlier save and skipped the mission entirely. However the problem popped up once again in the very next mission.

The crash is consistent and replicatable; it always happens on mission completion in the Skyranger loading screen transitioning between mission end, and Avenger.

What I've tried thus far:
Unsubscribing and resubscribing to all my Steam mods
Verifying Integrity of local game files. Twice. Oddly enough, each time I've done this, it's come back and told me "1 bad file was discovered and will be reacquired. Doesn't seem to have helped any, though.
Checked my mods for any recent updates. None of them have been updated since 2017.

What I have NOT tried:

Restarting a new campaign from scratch.
Completely uninstalled XCOM 2 and reinstalled.

Save file:
If it helps any, my save file for your perusal can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwcn44pdvda29q8/save70?dl=0
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

Same problem as GothSkunk (but after 15 months and almost 400 hours...); and reinstall XCom2 doesn´t works.

Any possible solution?

Thank you very much!