LW2 1.5 Bugfixes

faket15

LW2 1.5 Bugfixes

Post by faket15 »

I was asked recently to post here the modified versions of the LW2 files that I use to solve or create workarounds for some of the bugs I detected. To use this you need to extract the files in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609 and delete everything in Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config.

Changelog:
  • Collector works by default and is prevented from working when the game says that Kill XP is capped instead of only working when the game says it isn't capped. This is a workaround for a bug that prevents Collector from working because the listener responsible for new limitation added in 1.5 to prevent reinforcement farming isn't working properly. This is only a workaround, not a real fix. Until the listener is fixed this change is actually removing the limitation.
  • Failing or ignoring Liberation 3 ends the ProtectRegion activity instead of trying to reset it, solving the bug that forces Lib3 detection immediately after the respawn.
  • Fixed broken Blacksite schedules that not only prevented some of the pods from spawning but also made the schedule choice random instead of Strength-based.
  • Fixed broken encounters that prevented the 5-man command pod from spawning in mid/late game Supply raids.
  • Fixed broken encounters that prevented the 6-man Alien pod from spawning in early/mid game Troop Columns.
  • Added a new inclusion list for enemies with everyone in the AlienGlobal_LW list except MECs and used the new list instead of the original one for pod leaders, but not for followers. This prevents a bug that creates underpopulated pods when a MEC leader is chosen but the game can't spawn enough supported followers to fill the pod. A side effect of this change is that late game UFO command pods where most enemies are MECs are slightly less common (1/2 instead of 2/3 if I understand how pods are created correctly).
  • Fixed some high strength schedules that had more pods than intended because of a typo that made the same encounter be used multiple times.
  • Made small adjustments to schedules that had a different number of enemies than intended. This is easier to notice because some of the schedules affected are played often, like the VL STR2 Smash and Grab or the EL STR3 Guerilla Ops.
  • Added Vanilla MECs to the list of supported followers for all Vanilla aliens that already had LW2 MECs as supported followers.
  • Added Vanilla enemies to the list of supported followers for Chryssalids.
  • Fixed some restrictions to activities that didn't work. Tactical Dark Events can't spawn in a region that already has a Strategic Dark Event and vice-versa. Dark Events can't spawn in a region where a facility is being built. Super Emergency UFOs can't spawn in a region that already has a normal reinforcement UFO.
  • Added a restriction that prevents Emergency UFOs from spawning in regions that already have a Super Emergency UFO, mirroring the restriction that already exists.
  • Added dummy rewards to Lib1 and UFO detection missions making all "Find a Lead" missions look exactly the same.
  • Fixed cooldown for Recruit mini-retaliations.
  • Applied the changes that normal weapons received in 1.3 to the DLC weapons. Hunter Pistols lose 0.5 damage, Ionic Axe gains 1 damage, Fusion Axe gains 2 damage and 1 crit damage, damage spread for T3 Bolt Caster/Spark Rifle/Axe is reduced by one.
  • Applied the Fusion Blade's reduction in burn chance from 100% to 50% to the T3 Hunter's Axe.
  • ADVENT Sentries use the correct damage entry instead of the Officer's. All Sentries lose 0.5 damage and 1 crit damage. M3 Sentries lose 1 point of shred.
  • Fixed error that made unit damage falloff for explosives slightly less severe than intended because the game was looking at the wrong line in the damage ratio x distance ratio table.
  • Damage falloff in cone attacks changed to use the source unit position instead of the target point as the "center of the explosion". This makes Shredder Gun/Shredstorm Cannon falloff more intuitive (damage is lower against units and objects that are far away instead of the current behavior that makes it lower against units and objects that are close to the source unit). It is a huge nerf to these weapons.
  • Environmental damage in Shredder Guns and Shredstorm Cannons reverted to pre-1.3 values, making them slightly worse than they are now against objects instead of being extremely worse after the changes described above.
  • Incendiary Grenades always have 75% burn chance and Incendiary Bombs always have 85%, like the 1.5 changelog says it should work. The way it works in base LW2 is that both have 75% burn chance when thrown and 85% burn chance when launched.
  • Skullmining damage increased to the same value used for Skulljack in 1.5
  • Fixed some loot tables that didn't add up correctly.
Attachments
LW_Overhaul.rar
New version added in 18/08
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 1198 times
Last edited by faket15 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
rifleman

Re: LW2 1.5 Bugfixes

Post by rifleman »

Thank you, Faket! That is helpful!
@johnnylump Could we got a new update? :lol:
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

Added dummy rewards to Lib1 and UFO detection missions making all "Find a Lead" missions look exactly the same.

What does this change means? I just start a new game to check the change. The first Lib1 mission I found, it still show a intel reward. The normal Find a lead mission still show intel pack reward.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

rifleman wrote:Added dummy rewards to Lib1 and UFO detection missions making all "Find a Lead" missions look exactly the same.

What does this change means? I just start a new game to check the change. The first Lib1 mission I found, it still show a intel reward. The normal Find a lead mission still show intel pack reward.
Both missions should have an Intel Package.
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

Start another new game, the Lib1 and UFO missions show both Intel and Intel Pack as reward. The normal Find a lead still is Intel Pack reward. The Intel Pack of Lib1 and UFO is dummy one that don`t give any POI. So, this change don`t confuse new players that they still could find out which one is the LIB1 by Intel reward.

It seems don`t need futher change about this. New players still need a way to find out the mission which is the start of beat this game.

Just fight into a UFO mission, the files does change the enemy pod obvious. Awesome.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

I just had a rocket crit for 1. I'm already regretting this...
rifleman

Post by rifleman »

faket15 wrote:
rifleman wrote:Added dummy rewards to Lib1 and UFO detection missions making all "Find a Lead" missions look exactly the same.

Hi, Faket, how could I turn off the dummy rewards change? One of my friends is new to LW2, I need to make the old LIB1 reward back to teach him to find out which mission is LIB1.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

rifleman wrote:
faket15 wrote:

Hi, Faket, how could I turn off the dummy rewards change? One of my friends is new to LW2, I need to make the old LIB1 reward back to teach him to find out which mission is LIB1.
Easiest way is to replace the modded version of LW_Overhaul.u with the original.
Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle »

- Added dummy rewards to Lib1 and UFO detection missions making all "Find a Lead" missions look exactly the same.

I think that is a bad change and should be made optional. In fact I would like to see better description for different mission types: lib, ufo precursor, facility lead. Mission information(as well as vigilance values) has a great influence on player's strategic decisions and should not be hidden.
Firestorm_01

Post by Firestorm_01 »

Since Pavonis Interactive stopped developing LW2 you can ask them permission to public it in Steam Workshop. Probably even as new version of LW2.

I doubt they will not resist it.
galith

Post by galith »

Thank you for putting this together, and especially for fixing the lib 3 and mission schedule bugs.
galith

Post by galith »

It looks like there's a typo in your revised missions schedules. What was:

+MissionSchedules=(ScheduleID="Extract_D18_1_LW", \\
MinRequiredAlertLevel=18, MaxRequiredAlertLevel=18, \\

Is now

+MissionSchedules=(ScheduleID="RecruitRaid_D18_1_LW", \\
MinRequiredAlertLevel=19, MaxRequiredAlertLevel=19, \\

I changed this back in my version. I assume this got there somehow when you were resolving the two versions of the +MissionSchedules=(ScheduleID="RecruitRaid_D18_1_LW", \\ template. I also think you deleted the wrong version of that, it looks like there was two templates with the same version in the original, and you deleted the one that required 18 alert instead of the one that required 19 alert (so there are now two 19 alert templates and no 18 alert templates). This is probably irrelevant, since RecruitRaid is a quick response missions so I don't think there's any way to drive the alert level above 15, but I changed it back in my version anyway.

Otherwise the adjustments to the mission schedules I looked at all seemed right (I didn't double check all of them). Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to sit down and sort through all of this to fix these missing pods bugs.
galith

Post by galith »

One potential issue with these bugfixes; I started a new game and have noticed that all 5 Protect Data activities I have gotten have been of the Rescue VIP type, most (possibly all) of them extract from City. I wonder if you may have introduced a bug which disabled other mission types.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

galith wrote:One potential issue with these bugfixes; I started a new game and have noticed that all 5 Protect Data activities I have gotten have been of the Rescue VIP type, most (possibly all) of them extract from City. I wonder if you may have introduced a bug which disabled other mission types.
It's working correctly here. Are you sure you are not counting some Hack/Recover ProtectData as if they were Lib1? Assuming you are not mistaken there is also the possibility that you just rolled Rescue/Extract 5 times in a row. The chance of rolling that is low, but not enough to be negligible.
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

I'm assuming this mod doesn't play nice with the Alternative Mod Launcher? Didn't recognize it with the files extracted into a new folder with the specified path.

Tried moving it elsewhere and giving it its own mod directory, still no dice.
logruspattern

Post by logruspattern »

Thrair wrote:I'm assuming this mod doesn't play nice with the Alternative Mod Launcher? Didn't recognize it with the files extracted into a new folder with the specified path.

Tried moving it elsewhere and giving it its own mod directory, still no dice.
Thrair, I used the XCOM 2 SDK to publish the fixes as a private mod on the Steam workshop so that I could use it conveniently with the Alternative Mod Launcher. It took about 10 minutes for me.
galith

Post by galith »

To close the loop with my earlier reported potential bug, I disabled this for a while and then reenabled it, and now it seems to be working fine, I am getting hack/intel protect data missions in addition to extracts. You are probably right that previously I just rolled 5 extracts in a row.
Soupidity

Post by Soupidity »

Are these sets of bugfixes stable and absolutely great in every way? Would really like reassurance as I'm not at the stage where many changes take effect in game :D
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Should this be considered an "unofficial" patch, something like 1.6 or 1.51?
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Meme Turtle wrote:- Added dummy rewards to Lib1 and UFO detection missions making all "Find a Lead" missions look exactly the same.

I think that is a bad change and should be made optional. In fact I would like to see better description for different mission types: lib, ufo precursor, facility lead. Mission information(as well as vigilance values) has a great influence on player's strategic decisions and should not be hidden.
I like the change but optional is fine.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

I don't know if this patch caused it or not, or an interaction with an installed mod, but this started happening after I installed the patch and deleted/rebuilt the config folder. I had rebound several hotkeys, the camera rotation and next/prev soldier; now they keep reverting to default almost all the time.
Soupidity

Post by Soupidity »

prokolyo wrote:I don't know if this patch caused it or not, or an interaction with an installed mod, but this started happening after I installed the patch and deleted/rebuilt the config folder. I had rebound several hotkeys, the camera rotation and next/prev soldier; now they keep reverting to default almost all the time.
I noticed the same thing with key rebinds resetting after a mission ends (or maybe it was after I restart the game client). Not sure if it's this mod, but it might be.

Also, the dummy lib & ufo rewards is actually a brilliant change and I wish it worked when used with an ongoing campaign.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Soupidity wrote:
prokolyo wrote:I don't know if this patch caused it or not, or an interaction with an installed mod, but this started happening after I installed the patch and deleted/rebuilt the config folder. I had rebound several hotkeys, the camera rotation and next/prev soldier; now they keep reverting to default almost all the time.
I noticed the same thing with key rebinds resetting after a mission ends (or maybe it was after I restart the game client). Not sure if it's this mod, but it might be.

Also, the dummy lib & ufo rewards is actually a brilliant change and I wish it worked when used with an ongoing campaign.
I found this about the hotkeys. Didn't try yet but will when I get a chance.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/d ... 181737398/

Edit: It's working so far :)
Soupidity

Post by Soupidity »

prokolyo wrote:
Soupidity wrote:

I found this about the hotkeys. Didn't try yet but will when I get a chance.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/d ... 181737398/

Edit: It's working so far :)
Ah, that would definitely explain it. I however won't mess with config files anymore, as doing so seems to mess with not only this mod but many other .inis I've had to tinker with. I also was mistaken about this mod being used with an ongoing campaign. I'm pretty sure it's all good to work with one.

On another note: "Added a restriction that prevents Emergency UFOs from spawning in regions that already have a Super Emergency UFO, mirroring the restriction that already exists."

Why was this change made? I think it was intended to work this way, no?