Question about Stun Lancers and Snakes

3dahs

Question about Stun Lancers and Snakes

Post by 3dahs »

I just started playing LW2 again, and I'm not sure if this was changed, or I'm remembering this incorrectly, but didn't Stun lancers used to stun for 2-4 action points (1-2 turns) like the Drones? I noticed they're only stunning me for 1 action point and I don't see the change in the change log. Could I be remembering this wrong?

Also, after being wrapped by a Snake didn't you suffer movement/aim penalties? Seems like you don't suffer any kind of penalty now and I could have sworn you had an out of breath penalty or something similar. Someone, please correct my memory if I'm wrong or you know something was changed.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Question about Stun Lancers and Snakes

Post by gimrah »

In EU if you got released from a seeker you would spend a turn heavily nerfed with 'catching breath'. Snake grab is obviously the X2 equivalent but I don't recall there being an equivalent of that, probably because they pull you out of cover to do it, and if he then couldn't move once freed he'd probably still be doomed.

I think stun lancer actual stun was always quite short. Drones get the 2 turn stun. Lancers get the chance to knock you unconscious.
3dahs

Re: Question about Stun Lancers and Snakes

Post by 3dahs »

That's right!!! It was seekers!! I even looked up X-com enemies to see if I was getting it confused with Thinmen having wrap. Stupid wiki didn't show me EU enemies. Thank you for the quick reply! I guess it's time to restart.

I deleted my 3-day commander Ironman campaign because I thought it was bugged..... lmao, oh the pain.. why didn't I get facts first. I was so convinced stun lancers stunned for 2 turns, I felt like I was cheating, and that my mods were messing something up.