"Haven Infiltrators" Dark Events Lasts Too Long

trihero

"Haven Infiltrators" Dark Events Lasts Too Long

Post by trihero »

Like wayyyyyyyyy too long.

In past patches, the Dark Events that punished a certain job (like reduced intel gathering, reduced supply gathering) were reduced to a duration of 14 days, and I agreed with that reasoning because it was just too punishing otherwise.

I think Haven Infiltrators was overlooked - it essentially reduces recruiting to 0 since you don't want to recruit faceless, but in my game it's been at least a month since the darn event's been in play and I think it is over the top.

While I await a future patch to balance this for good, where is the ini file so I can edit this duration to 2 weeks?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: "Haven Infiltrators" Dark Events Lasts Too Long

Post by chrisb »

Dark event settings are mostly in code not in config files.

Looks like the Haven Infiltration lasts 45-60 days.
trihero

Post by trihero »

chrisb wrote:Dark event settings are mostly in code not in config files.

That is CRAZYYYYYYYYYY long, I knew it. it's essentially "you cannot recruit for 2 freaking months." Please adjust to 14 days, Pavonis. :o

Do you happen to know what the exact effect is? I know the base chance of a faceless recruit is 1/6, how far does the dark event raise it?
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

trihero wrote:
chrisb wrote:Dark event settings are mostly in code not in config files.

That is CRAZYYYYYYYYYY long, I knew it. it's essentially "you cannot recruit for 2 freaking months." Please adjust to 14 days, Pavonis. :o

Do you happen to know what the exact effect is? I know the base chance of a faceless recruit is 1/6, how far does the dark event raise it?
Without actually knowing anything, I'd guess off the top of my head that it doubles the chance. Whether that comes from my experience as a programmer, my experience as a gamer, or out of my ass.... your guess is as good as mine. :)
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

dstar3k wrote: Without actually knowing anything, I'd guess off the top of my head that it doubles the chance. Whether that comes from my experience as a programmer, my experience as a gamer, or out of my ass.... your guess is as good as mine. :)

Code: Select all

FacelessChance = default.DEFAULT_FACELESS_CHANCE;

if (IsDarkEventActive ('DarkEvent_HavenInfiltration'))
{
    FacelessChance *= 2;
}
trihero

Post by trihero »

Ok so it doubles. I think I was getting paranoid from watching xwynns where he just avoids recruiting entirely during haven infiltrators and transferred this paranoia to my game; 2/6 isn't too bad....maybe??? But still dat duration.....
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I don't think its really that bad. You'd probably want to avoid doing a Jailbreak with like 3+ rebels in it because the odds of getting multiple faceless there is high enough that it would probably hurt the haven more than it would help.

Although this could also be exploited for some gain. If you do a Jailbreak and get say 4 rebels, odds are high you get at least 1 faceless if not 2. Stick a high ranking soldier in there for a bit and try and fish for the rendezvous mission for some nice loot.
trihero

Post by trihero »

It's not as bad as I thought now knowing it goes up to 2/6 from 1/6, but that's the kind of thing I wish I'd known without having to ask for code digging. That sort of thing is next to impossible to learn just from playing the game due to the variability of detecting faceless. You could easily be lead to believe that 100% of rebels were faceless because you'd have to spend the entire game detecting to be sure you got rid of faceless you recruited during the event.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

While I think that two weeks is definitely the top end for reasonable times for most TDEs haven infil might actually be the exception. So faceless aren't the best rebels but you get a lot of value in killing them. 6 corpses plus the faceless corpses... 3-5 (or doubled) items. If you sell all of that that is like 100+ supplies per mission.

Give me more faceless missions I say. I can use the supplies!
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

I was thinking the same thing. It seems to last forever. It's actually worse than the recruiting block one because you also don't want to rescue any rebels or get free ones from hacks.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

chrisb wrote:I don't think its really that bad. You'd probably want to avoid doing a Jailbreak with like 3+ rebels in it because the odds of getting multiple faceless there is high enough that it would probably hurt the haven more than it would help.

Although this could also be exploited for some gain. If you do a Jailbreak and get say 4 rebels, odds are high you get at least 1 faceless if not 2. Stick a high ranking soldier in there for a bit and try and fish for the rendezvous mission for some nice loot.
Would scanning protocol reveal the faceless that could be among the rebels that are in the jail cells?
trihero wrote:Ok so it doubles. I think I was getting paranoid from watching xwynns where he just avoids recruiting entirely during haven infiltrators and transferred this paranoia to my game; 2/6 isn't too bad....maybe??? But still dat duration.....
Hehe, same here...
SpinDoctor

Post by SpinDoctor »

prokolyo wrote:
chrisb wrote:I don't think its really that bad. You'd probably want to avoid doing a Jailbreak with like 3+ rebels in it because the odds of getting multiple faceless there is high enough that it would probably hurt the haven more than it would help.

Would scanning protocol reveal the faceless that could be among the rebels that are in the jail cells?
trihero wrote:Ok so it doubles. I think I was getting paranoid from watching xwynns where he just avoids recruiting entirely during haven infiltrators and transferred this paranoia to my game; 2/6 isn't too bad....maybe??? But still dat duration.....
Hehe, same here...
I have the Haven Infiltrators DE going now. I got a rendezvous mission that had 5 faceless. I'm like, really game? The haven only had 6 people in it. My trooper went out with 4 Rebels, so now, I have a haven with 4 rebels. I have no idea how all that works.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Hah, that is strange...
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

SpinDoctor wrote:I got a rendezvous mission that had 5 faceless. I'm like, really game? The haven only had 6 people in it. My trooper went out with 4 Rebels, so now, I have a haven with 4 rebels. I have no idea how all that works.
You had 2 faceless on the region and the mission put 3 on pods. The Rendezvous mission can spawn faceless as regular enemies in a pod, specially if you got the Greater Faceless DE active.
SpinDoctor

Post by SpinDoctor »

Dwarfling wrote:
SpinDoctor wrote:I got a rendezvous mission that had 5 faceless. I'm like, really game? The haven only had 6 people in it. My trooper went out with 4 Rebels, so now, I have a haven with 4 rebels. I have no idea how all that works.
You had 2 faceless on the region and the mission put 3 on pods. The Rendezvous mission can spawn faceless as regular enemies in a pod, specially if you got the Greater Faceless DE active.
That sounds right. Thanks for that info!