Question about Buckets and mini-retals

DerAva

Question about Buckets and mini-retals

Post by DerAva »

So, as I understand it, whenever your rebels are doing jobs other than hiding there is a chance that this job is detected. If detected they will fill a bucket for their specific job, and once that bucket is completely filled a mini-retal happens. Buckets are global, so any rebels working that specific job are a contributing to the same bucket.

The mini-retals have certain requirements that need to be met for them to trigger. Most importantly they can only trigger in a region where I have at least 3 rebels working that specific job.

So my question is: what happens if the bucket gets filled and ther eis no valid region for the mini-retal. Let's say all over the world I'm doing recruitment jobs, but only 2 people per haven at most. That would mean no haven is ever a valid target for a recruitment retal.
So, when the bucket is full:
[*]will it reset the bucket back to 0 since there was no valid region?
[*]will it keep filling the bucket until it finally finds a valid region, then trigger the retal there?
[*]if that is the case: will that retal empty the whole bucket, or only enough points for the trigger? - let's say the bucket has a size of 300 to trigger the retal, I recruit with only 2 peeps until the bucket is at 500/300, then enable the retal. Will it go down to 0/300 or reset to 200/300 ?

Really curious about the inner workings there.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Question about Buckets and mini-retals

Post by johnnylump »

So I dug out some old code and try to recall how it worked.

It looks like the following:
* Specific job buckets are local to a region and are filled as resistance members are detected doing that job, regardless of how many resistance members there are doing it there. After a mini-retal of the matching type occurs, job buckets for that job are emptied (to zero) for ALL regions.

- Mini-retals have the following conditions, which are checked periodically
* You have to have a certain number of rebels doing a job
* You have to have a full job bucket in the outpost
* The activity can't be on cooldown in the region
* The region has to have certain minimum alert (# legions) and/or vigilance
* There can't be other mini-retals of the same type underway elsewhere in the world
* There can only be one retal activity (mini or large) underway in the world at once. This looks like it makes the prior condition irrelevant; I think we kept it in there in case we wanted to config it to another setting.

There's also a randomizer condition if multiple regions meet the criteria for a mini-retal that's set to favor regions with more rebels on a job or higher vigilance and alert.

In general, if conditions for an alien activity aren't met, the activity doesn't happen, but various buckets and counters aren't affected.

So, to answer your specific questions:
[*]will it reset the bucket back to 0 since there was no valid region? NO
[*]will it keep filling the bucket until it finally finds a valid region, then trigger the retal there? YES
[*]if that is the case: will that retal empty the whole bucket, or only enough points for the trigger? - let's say the bucket has a size of 300 to trigger the retal, I recruit with only 2 peeps until the bucket is at 500/300, then enable the retal. Will it go down to 0/300 or reset to 200/300 ? THE WHOLE BUCKET
DerAva

Re: Question about Buckets and mini-retals

Post by DerAva »

Thanks for the in depth reply. Really appreciated!