Tactical Employment of XCOM Troops

(deleted)

Tactical Employment of XCOM Troops

Post by (deleted) »

(Spam post deleted)
Last edited by (deleted) on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
prokolyo

Re: Tactical Employment of XCOM Troops

Post by prokolyo »

While excellent material, xwynns' last campaign was more of an exercise in how to react in messed up situations as he kept having his concealment prematurely broken all the time :) After watching that I actually stopped putting such an emphasis on concealment. An excellent "minimize-all-errors-and-tactically-super-sound" play appears to be DerAva's 1.5 campaign. Joinrbs' last campaign, although 1.4, was also excellent. Sorry for the repetition of "excellent", but all three are that good.

A first legend campaign is kicking my ass too. While I pretty much steamrolled the commander campaign before that, now is kinda tough... But that's one of the things that's cool about LW2 I guess, to always keep you on your toes when you start slacking :)

If you re-post this on the LW2 section of XCOM2 on the Steam forum, you'll probably get more discussion.
SpinDoctor

Post by SpinDoctor »

Strength 5 or 6 is pretty much the limit of where I run GoPs. Although last night I had a Rendezvous mission in some region. I didn't really pay attention. So I get there and I only have 4 rebels with me and I know the haven had at least 12. We spy the first pod, which is a pod of 4 and it's like 25 HP Officers, 17 HP Rocketeers, etc with insane detection ranges. I'm like "whoa, I thought these are supposed to be easy missions..." We grind through this mission, losing one rebel and wounding my Haven advisor and another Rebel. Fortunately, all the rebels had Mag weapons, which I've never seen before and they had some pretty amazing perks too. 2 of the 4 rebels had the Sapper perk and that came in handy.

Once I get back to the GeoScape, I see that the Region was strength 8, Vigilance 10. I'm like why the hell am I still running supply here?!?!? I'm just glad it wasn't a Supply Retal. That haven quickly went dark.

I've been dragging out my campaign lately. I really should finish it, before I stat to get over run. I dunno that I really want to do a Legendary campaign. I don't want the game just be something to grind through every time I play it...
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Rendezvous with M3 officers and rocketeers!! Didn't know these existed :)
SpinDoctor

Post by SpinDoctor »

prokolyo wrote:Rendezvous with M3 officers and rocketeers!! Didn't know these existed :)
LOL, I didn't either...