Can't train additional skills in training center - bug or feature?

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
Insufferable Smartypants

Can't train additional skills in training center - bug or feature?

Post by Insufferable Smartypants »

After the initial skill, I can't train from either of the other 2 class skills even after the training center has been built. The XCOM skills have opened up and can be trained. I have plenty of AP to spend.

Any ideas?
Insufferable Smartypants

Re: Can't train additional skills in training center - bug or feature?

Eureka!

Been searching since last night for any info on this. Finally found a page that stated that it was definitely a deliberate feature in LWotC.

Is it possible for me to revert this change on my own system? I loathe this change. Training soldiers was the whole point of having a training center to begin with.

(Also posted on GitHub)
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

The next beta will have a second wave option allowing people to enable this feature. But understand that it makes XCOM significantly stronger, although only if you can get enough ability points.
Insufferable Smartypants

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the info!

If it's too easy, I'll crank up the difficulty, but this playthrough I specifically chose certain skills based on the "I'll take this one for now because I know I can go back and get this other one when I need it later" factor, and being unable to do so was a campaign-breaker.

Maybe I'll download some enemy mods. That armored viper and elite berserker both look scary enough.
TheBlauerDragon

Post by TheBlauerDragon »

I wish that I would have known about this before I wasted time and resources building a training center. With this active there is no possible reason that I can think of to bother with building one.
TheBlauerDragon

I'm sorry to double post on this, but I really am having a hard time wrapping my head around the reasoning for this. If you can get your free ability per level regardless and use points to buy skills for faction soldiers anyway, the only possible benefits I can think of for the training center as it now is are the Officer's training school and the occasional odd xcom perk available... neither of those Grant's enough benefit to justify the resource, power, and time expenditure required to build the training center. So, am I missing something really obvious here, or?
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

The training centre is important for increasing bond levels and granting access to XCOM and pistol abilities. All of those are good reasons for getting it, just not early on. The pistol abilities are currently broken, but that is fixed in development.
TheBlauerDragon

Yeah, I could see some value in those features for some players later in game. I guess I just got put off because I never pay much attention to either of those features and the training center is always the second thing that I build after the GTS. As it is now, it definitely wasn't worth being such a high priority.
Nay Von

Post by Nay Von »

So, what file are we supposed to edit to fix the AP abilities unlock for xcom soldiers?
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

There is no file to edit. Go to Advanced Options when starting a new campaign (where you can select a starting faction and other options) and select the option that enables you to pick multiple class abilities at each rank.