no advent officer autopsy?

rush_83

no advent officer autopsy?

Post by rush_83 »

Hello!
First i love this mod, but am i doing something wrong?
i`m now in the 3rd month (easy difficulty) in the game, 4 regions/1 continent (USA), the advent project hasn`t started yet, there are no facilities to invade and i`m not able to make an autopsy of an officer...the only autopsy i was able to do, was of an normal advent soldier..i also got vipers as enemy but also here..no autopsy possible..(i have these rooms: laboratory, proving ground, AWC, guerilla tactic school, energy room, communication center)
i`m not using long war 2 vanilla.. i`m running it with cosmetic mods, and mods which are combatible with long war 2.. (and no mod for the strategy layer/world map)
pleeeeasseeee help!!

(sorry for my bad englisch ;) )
Dodie

Re: no advent officer autopsy?

Post by Dodie »

hmm...

Do you have an Advent Officer corpse? And you need two scientist.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

Yes i have..i also have 4 scientists...i'm only able to recycle the officer for 3 alien "legierungen"
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

A couple things:
1. The Avatar Project starts progress from the very beginning of the game.
2. Invading facilities comes as part of the liberation chain, which starts with "Find a lead"
regloh70

Post by regloh70 »

That's odd.
You have to do the trooper autopsy to unlock the officer autopsy.
I did alien biotech, then trooper to unlock officer. Although i don't have two scientists at the moment but i can see the officer autopsy.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

Very strange...is it maybe because the mod is not for easy?
I try to start another campaign..
I delete all config files before...its a shame..i maybe now played 5h for nothing..
I'm only able to recycle the trooper..
Thx for your answers
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

so, i have again the problem.. i also checked my mods with the compatible-list.. i also have a strange green-yellow-red flickering (in the whole map-i have no map-mods activated!) every time after the gatecrasher mission.. i have to end the game, start it again and load the save game, then i have no graphic problems..(never!) BUT.. after every mission i get NO dead bodies to recycle or research!!!!! everytime!!! gatecrasher all ok-then after that, no dead bodies.. (i`ve tested it 3x times..) but loot works fine..
I also have these mod activated (they aren`t on the list): restart mission, starting stuff, tactical counter
Please help!
THX
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Verify your install in Steam. Also start a campaign without mods. Something is broken.

You never get bodies from extraction missions though. If you leave via the Skyranger, you get no bodies as you have no time to recover them. This is the value of troop column ambushes and retaliation missions as you complete the mission in control of the field so your team can recover the fallen.
Last edited by Devon_v on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

ok thank you!
Gallion

Post by Gallion »

I can't do it yet because I have 0 scientists (it requires 2), but I have 3 engineers. Are scientists supposed to be this much rarer than engineers of is RNGesus just mocking me?
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

Devon_v wrote:Verify your install in Steam. Also start a campaign without mods. Something is broken.

You never get bodies from extraction missions though. If you leave via the Skyranger, you get no bodies as you have no time to recover them. This is the value of troop column ambushes and retaliation missions as you complete the mission in control of the field so your team can recover the fallen.
oh!!! i didn`t know that :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (its logical..), so i have to choose more wisely what mission i try and which not.. what are the consequences if i let a mission disappear?
i completely deinstalled my game and downloaded it new. After work i will start a game as you said, without mods. Than i only activate your mod vanilla.. if it would be not so timeconsuming ;) i also have to try resident evil in VR :) (maybe i try it before x-com, so i`m able to "recover" with x-com ;) )
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

The consequences depend on what sort or mission it was. It it was just intel gathering, then really nothing happens. If it was a jail break, skipping it means not rescuing those people. If you ignore an ADVENT troop transfer, then the strength of ADVENT forces in the region will go up. Ignoring a data tap defense disables all intel gathering in the region.

For the most part skipping a mission has logical results, but it's something you need to evaluate on a case by case basis.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

ok thank you for the info!
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

hello.. it`s me again... now i was on a mission with NO timer.. i had to sabotage an advent statue.. but i got no alien/advent bodies.. is this normal?!?
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Rule of thumb:

If you finish the mission by clicking the "evac" button, then you get no corpses.

If the mission ends automatically when the last alien dies, then you get corpses.

The exception appears to be the radio tower missions, which only end when you've killed everything, but for which I was not awarded any corpses.
speedmaster

Post by speedmaster »

Do you get all the corpses in a "clear the area" mission, or is it a chance to get the corpse? I also have the advent officer autopsy mission, but no advent officer corpse or research option. I've long since completed the trooper autopsy, so it's odd that I don't at least have the research option available.

EDIT: Nevermind. Soon as I did a clear-the-area mission and took care not to nade any officers I got the body and the research option showed up.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

yes i`m understanding this.. but if you have this specific sabatoage an Advent statue.. you have no Mission timer and you do not have to call the skyranger by yourself.. or you don`t have to go to an evacuation Zone...
it`s the same Mission as the vanilla/orignal gatecrasher Mission..
if this is correct.. you have maybe once a month a Mission with Alien bodies to collect?!?
trihero

Post by trihero »

rush_83 wrote:yes i`m understanding this.. but if you have this specific sabatoage an Advent statue.. you have no Mission timer and you do not have to call the skyranger by yourself.. or you don`t have to go to an evacuation Zone...
it`s the same Mission as the vanilla/orignal gatecrasher Mission..
if this is correct.. you have maybe once a month a Mission with Alien bodies to collect?!?
Collecting corpses is difficult by design. There are a few different mission types where you can collect bodies - supply raids, sabotage statue, network tower, HQ, faceless rendezvous. As long as you have a lot of rebels on intel and put an officer in the haven, you should be getting enough corpses to get by.

A tip is on these kinds of missions to deliberately go in with 10 men and with low infiltration (50% or even lower if you're confident), since you get a lot of bodies to show up you and sometimes more advanced units as well. Like I just triggered a 0% supply raid and there were about 40 enemies and a muton showed up and it's like May.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

oh ok, thank you for the info!
Then i have a real Problem, if you say, that normally there should be corpses after the Sabotage Mission.. but after this mission i got an error.. the video from the landing skyranger isn`t loading and then i only see the ground from the missionbase.. and i have to end the game and load a save game from this misson.. then it works, but as i said..no corpses but loot..

Maybe another question.. how do i make a CLEAN install of xcom 2? Deleting every save game (there are saved on the steam cloud..), every Profile/Option and mods?!?!?

thank you in advance..!
trihero

Post by trihero »

rush_83 wrote:oh ok, thank you for the info!
Then i have a real Problem, if you say, that normally there should be corpses after the Sabotage Mission.. but after this mission i got an error.. the video from the landing skyranger isn`t loading and then i only see the ground from the missionbase.. and i have to end the game and load a save game from this misson.. then it works, but as i said..no corpses but loot..

Maybe another question.. how do i make a CLEAN install of xcom 2? Deleting every save game (there are saved on the steam cloud..), every Profile/Option and mods?!?!?

thank you in advance..!
Hmm this may be a bug, I thought you do get corpses from sabotage missions but I just tried and didn't. Maybe intentional maybe not I dnno.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

As far as i have read, sabotage does not net corpses, because you have to withdraw from the site rather quickly, even though it's no hot evac.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Guys you're getting sidetracked with the corpses thing. The guy is clearly having a different issue right now. I get that you're all trying to help, but you're all repeating yourselves ad nauseum and it isn't really helping anyone.

thank you in advance..!
  1. Reinstall XCOM2 (if you've done this already, you're probably OK).
  2. Go to ../My Documents/My Games/XCOM2/XComGame/Config/.
  3. Delete all .ini files there.
  4. Load only Long War 2 in the mod launcher.
  5. Start a new campaign.
If the initial mission is still vanilla-style Gatecrasher (destroy the statue) and not the LW2-style Troop Movement (kill all hostiles) after these steps, something is seriously broken.

Your first mission should always result in receiving some corpses to work with initial research topics, and it should always be "Kill All Hostiles". No sabotage, no blowing up statues, nothing.
rush_83

Post by rush_83 »

Thank you Arclane!
But they are a not completly wrong ;) The first mission and other sort of LW2 missions are without error.. the first mission is also the new LW2 gatecrasher mission, where i get corpses.
But after some time, i got a mission where i had to sabatoge a advent statue (like the vanilla gatecrasher mission), without timer, and so i didn`t understand why i got no corpses

by the way, i`m very thankful, because here, the people are answering when someone has a question, that`s nowadays not for sure ;)

Arcalane wrote:Guys you're getting sidetracked with the corpses thing. The guy is clearly having a different issue right now. I get that you're all trying to help, but you're all repeating yourselves ad nauseum and it isn't really helping anyone.

thank you in advance..!
  1. Reinstall XCOM2 (if you've done this already, you're probably OK).
  2. Go to ../My Documents/My Games/XCOM2/XComGame/Config/.
  3. Delete all .ini files there.
  4. Load only Long War 2 in the mod launcher.
  5. Start a new campaign.
If the initial mission is still vanilla-style Gatecrasher (destroy the statue) and not the LW2-style Troop Movement (kill all hostiles) after these steps, something is seriously broken.

Your first mission should always result in receiving some corpses to work with initial research topics, and it should always be "Kill All Hostiles". No sabotage, no blowing up statues, nothing.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

From the look of it, you're not encountering any severe issues by now, is that correct, rush83?
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

rush_83 wrote:Thank you Arclane!
But they are a not completly wrong ;) The first mission and other sort of LW2 missions are without error.. the first mission is also the new LW2 gatecrasher mission, where i get corpses.
But after some time, i got a mission where i had to sabatoge a advent statue (like the vanilla gatecrasher mission), without timer, and so i didn`t understand why i got no corpses
My bad. I saw a bunch of people repeating the same thing over and over when you seemed to be having issues with the first mission being weird.

Think of it this way; you're basically leaving the bulletholed/laserburned/plasmatorched corpses and wreckage and bloodstains around as a warning/message to ADVENT. ;) Taking off with all of the bodies doesn't make as much of a statement.