Long War: Rebalance. Pavonis?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Soupidity

Long War: Rebalance. Pavonis?

Postby Soupidity » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:40 am

Heya, so I'm sure a few of you have heard about this modmod and it really seems like a gem, but I'm not sure whether or not it's lost something from Long War, or not.

I was hoping to get the opinion of a Long War 1 dev who may have had experience with it, or even an experience Long War player! I've not got far into LW1 which would be why I'm looking for opinions instead of forming my own :p.

If it's evaded your radar so far and you're looking for a different take on LW, take a look: https://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/686 ... id=6697497

johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Long War: Rebalance. Pavonis?

Postby johnnylump » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:24 pm

UCross was one of our most committed playtesters back in the day and designed the Green Fog option in Long War. I know another of our playtesters, Xwynns, has played the Rebalance and speaks very highly of it. He's got some streams of it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmJ_ggMdRJJ9YRe9dUU3kYQ?&ab_channel=xwynns

Soupidity

Re: Long War: Rebalance. Pavonis?

Postby Soupidity » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Hey, thanks for the response. I'm always tentative about mods (or modmods in this case) which look pretty great from afar but maybe deter too far from original design philosophy. Thanks for the links, Xwynns seems to definitely know his stuff.

Also, good job on LW2 :D really having fun, and I'm super impressed with some of the ingenuity in design I'm witnessing. Also, my mind exploded when I realised that those floaty advent drones came from your mod. Like, holy crap, they add a level to early engagements and look totally amazing. Thanks :D

Return to “XCOM: Long War General Discussion”