My LW 1 is broken, please help.

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
ShockmasterFred

My LW 1 is broken, please help.

Post by ShockmasterFred »

So, I decided to fire up some original Long War which I never deleted, but when I loaded up enemy within, it went straight to vanilla. I went to redownload the mod and it said that the XEW\XEW\Binaries\Win32\XComEW.exe does not exist and to reinstall the game. I deleted and reinstalled the base game, but that didn't help. How do I reinstall Enemy Within? How do I delete it and reinstall it? Any help would be appreciated.
Steve-O

Re: My LW 1 is broken, please help.

Post by Steve-O »

Do you have the game through Steam? If so, go to properties and find the option to "validate local files." That should reset everything to a fresh installation. Make sure the EW expansion pack is checked to be installed in the DLC menu for the game (along with any other DLCs you may want), and then it should also be reinstalled.

After that's done and looks like its working properly, reinstall the Long War mod.

If you're not playing the game on Steam... I dunno. Uninstall everything. Then run a search on your PC for "XCOM" and delete any leftover files that turn up. Make sure the install and save game directories are gone. (Rename/back up the save game directory if you want to keep it.) Then reboot the computer (overkill never hurts.) Then reinstall everything from scratch. Finally, replace your backed up savegames, if you chose to keep them. But make sure the game runs properly first before replacing the savegames. If re-adding the savegames then messes thing sup, you may have corrupted data in there.