Are Redscreens supposed to work with Fan Fire

Manifest

Are Redscreens supposed to work with Fan Fire

Post by Manifest »

Because though the description says "every hit", they've only been proccing once on Fan Fire even when all hits connect (not grazes).
trihero

Re: Are Redscreens supposed to work with Fan Fire

Post by trihero »

Does red screen stack with regular attacks? I've never tried like hitting it with two different weapon shots.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

trihero wrote:Does red screen stack with regular attacks? I've never tried like hitting it with two different weapon shots.
The description seems to take great care to imply that it does (every hit), which is why I was confused. I haven't tried that either.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Manifest wrote:
trihero wrote:Does red screen stack with regular attacks? I've never tried like hitting it with two different weapon shots.
The description seems to take great care to imply that it does (every hit), which is why I was confused. I haven't tried that either.
Since neither of us have tried it, my guess is that it doesn't stack, just like other debuffs don't stack. It's like putting a unit on fire - if it's already on fire, it doesn't get stacking fire DoT. If venom rounds applies poison on "every hit," it doesn't stack the damage. Or think of flashbanging an already flashbanged unit. The duration extends but the effect doesn't get any worse. The only exception I can think of is suppression, which explicitly says it stacks with itself in the tooltip.

It'd probably be op if it did stack.
FreedomFighterEx

Post by FreedomFighterEx »

trihero wrote:It'd probably be op if it did stack.
If it did stack then it would make final fight in SLG laughable. Bluescreen bomb also almost erase hacking defense from affecting mechanized unit.