SPARK Intimidate

Sines

SPARK Intimidate

Post by Sines »

So, with how often my SPARK gets shot at (that is kind of his purpose), and how rarely he gets low enough on health for me to worry about him, I figured Intimidate would be a better choice for him than Repair. Some free random CC would go a long way. And yet, in over 10 occurances (most likely more, it wouldn't surprise me if the number was closer to 20), it has only triggered once. Some of those were with T1 armor, but several of them were on T2 armor. Is the trigger rate low on this, is it bugged, or have I just run afoul of RNG? I'm thinking of changing the .ini file to allow me for a free retraining, because if I knew how unlikely the Panic was, I'd definitely have picked Repair. The only time I've wanted to use it was during my second HQ attack, which is incidentally the only time I've seen Intimidate work (and, admittedly, at a pretty good time).
LordYanaek

Re: SPARK Intimidate

Post by LordYanaek »

I've had it trigger a couple times but it's rare. Also from my Psi Op's chances at insanity i would say that aliens like Mutons and Vipers have surprisingly lower will than an Advent troopers so you probably have better chances at making a muton panic than common troopers.

But yeah, seems like this is a really low chance.
Sorbicol

Post by Sorbicol »

I've had missions where my spark has intimidated several advent in a turn, and others where he doesn't intimidate anyone the entire mission. It's just the RNG.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

imo intimidate should be buffed. I do not know how exactly it works, but I expirienced a number like 8 to 1 (from 8 different advent enemies it triggered only once panick). Alien units rarly trigger it. the spark will be dead before an enemy gets panicked. I always used it but with LW2 i will change to repair, unless the buff it.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Does repair work on the spark itself or do you need 2 sparks? I think description is something like "repair an allied robotic unit" so i never used it in vanilla. Also does the repair reduce the repair time inside the avenger or is it like "fleshy" soldiers who still need to heal after the mission?
FreedomFighterEx

Post by FreedomFighterEx »

LordYanaek wrote:Does repair work on the spark itself or do you need 2 sparks? I think description is something like "repair an allied robotic unit" so i never used it in vanilla. Also does the repair reduce the repair time inside the avenger or is it like "fleshy" soldiers who still need to heal after the mission?
IIRC, if you repair SPARK inside the mission, it also top up their health so if you repair them to full, no repair time. Time to hack those Advent Drone because they have built-in repair ability.