LW2 1.3 problem

Doofus123

LW2 1.3 problem

Post by Doofus123 »

After updating to 1.3 I can't start new game: after first cut-scene and loading screen my entire screen goes black and can't even alt-f4 or alt-tab out. I tried regenerating ini files, disabling all mods, verifying the game but nothing seems to be working.
8wayz

Re: LW2 1.3 problem

Post by 8wayz »

Better to post this in the Bug reports forum. Make sure to check the Bug reporting guidelines first, so that the dev team can get to the bottom of this sooner, rather than later.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Re: LW2 1.3 problem

Post by deaconivory »

Doofus123 wrote:After updating to 1.3 I can't start new game: after first cut-scene and loading screen my entire screen goes black and can't even alt-f4 or alt-tab out. I tried regenerating ini files, disabling all mods, verifying the game but nothing seems to be working.
I'd try these steps in this order:

1. Reboot your PC
2. Delete My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config\ EDIT: Actually back up and delete (or just rename) the entire My Games\XCOM2\XComGame folder not just the config. The issue may be in another folder.
3. Open XCOM2 with no mods enabled
4. Launch a new campaign and go on Gatecrasher
5. If it launches correctly, esc out of the mission and "exit to desktop"
6. Move all of your saves out of your My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\SaveData folder (you can move them back later)
7. Launch XCOM2 with only LW2 enabled
8. Launch a new LW2 campaign

Not sure what could be causing this except for a mod conflict. My game crashed like this when I ran the Shadow Ops LW2 Class mod with the Field Medic Class Mod. A quick update from the mod authors and I was back in action.