AWC Perks, Some doubts

Ferenghy

AWC Perks, Some doubts

Post by Ferenghy »

Hi

Does it has a limit? or can a single soldier have all the perks

Are the perks always the same but in different order? Or maybe some soldiers can be lucky and have beter skill combination than others

Thank you :)
Manifest

Re: AWC Perks, Some doubts

Post by Manifest »

If you look in the AWC Perk List for a soldier, you'll see there are three trees of length 3-7-3, you can get all of these perks, you must go in order down a tree however. The offense and defense trees give random perks from a list, the first perks are usually worse than the second and third perks in the tree however. The middle tree is the pistol tree, it gives all seven pistol perks (first shot doesn't end turn, Faceoff, Fan Fire, Lightning Hands, Clutch Shot, Return Fire, Kill Zone (for pistols)) but in a random order, so fan fire and faceoff can be the first skills you get from that tree.
Sines

Post by Sines »

Some soldiers can indeed have better selections than others, though that somewhat depends on what the soldier is doing. A perk to boost grenade damage isn't terribly useful on most Shinobi builds, for example. And others are very useful (I'm a big fan of the perks that give you a free flashbang / smoke grenade).

Once you have the AWC up and running, look through all your squaddies and see what they have. You'll probably find one or two with a really nice pair of starter AWC perks. Train them up in those two skills, and they'll be able to contribute to their first fight at a higher level than untrained Squaddies. It's also a good way to choose which squaddies to level up.

Granted, the 2 and 3 level Offense/Defense perks are generally better, and initially hidden, but if you're playing XCOM, I'm sure you know a thing or two about making the best of the information you have at present :D
silver_swift

Post by silver_swift »

I would honestly prefer to have all perks for the AWC be visible as soon as the AWC is build, is there a way to make this happen (ini file edit, console command)? I tried the show locked perks option in the options menu, but that only works on the perks related to a soldiers class it seems.
TyreT

Post by TyreT »

silver_swift wrote:I would honestly prefer to have all perks for the AWC be visible as soon as the AWC is build, is there a way to make this happen (ini file edit, console command)? I tried the show locked perks option in the options menu, but that only works on the perks related to a soldiers class it seems.
Check XComLW_AWCPack.ini
Very close to the top of that file you should see:

Code: Select all

ALWAYSSHOW=false
Change that to true to get the effect you want.
Daetya

Post by Daetya »

TyreT wrote:
silver_swift wrote:I would honestly prefer to have all perks for the AWC be visible as soon as the AWC is build, is there a way to make this happen (ini file edit, console command)? I tried the show locked perks option in the options menu, but that only works on the perks related to a soldiers class it seems.
Check XComLW_AWCPack.ini
Very close to the top of that file you should see:

Code: Select all

ALWAYSSHOW=false
Change that to true to get the effect you want.
Where is that file located? can't find it in the config folder
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

It is in the Config folder:
LW_Overhaul/Config/XComLW_AWCPack.ini

You can simply run a search for the file XComLW_AWCPack.ini and you should find it within a couple of seconds. :)