Hacking under concealment

gunshine

Hacking under concealment

Post by gunshine »

Is it possible to make hacking a silent action that doesn't break concealment? The out of nowhere reveal due to a perfectly sneaked door hack completely ruins the immersion of stealth runs and makes little sense.
Solitas

Re: Hacking under concealment

Post by Solitas »

I concur, I'd love to see this as a feature that could be turned on perhaps if possible. Feels like a hangover from vanilla where they artificially tried to force engagements because it wasn't meant to be about stealth.
Irked me even more when I'd get revealed for planting x4 charges too, I mean the hacking I could forgive since it's connected to a network (though apparently you can avoid making your hack obvious on a tower but cock it up when it's on a wifi box). But the x4, what are the walls snitching on me!? :lol:

Regardless, love the changes the team made to allow sneaking viable. Allows for great mission variation and creativity, it's oh so satisfying getting in and out without being spotted.
trihero

Re: Hacking under concealment

Post by trihero »

Hacking an objective will always reveal you for balance purposes.

However, you can use the haywire's stun hack on a mech and if it succeeds, you won't be revealed. (controlling the mech will reveal you) Same with lamp posts, successful hacks do not reveal. It's just objectives will reveal you, otherwise it would be too easy all the time.