Impossible to keep Resistance alive !?

sirburton

Re: Impossible to keep Resistance alive !?

Post by sirburton »

I usually put low rank soldiers I don't use as havens' manager. Are they still efficient though the low rank?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
Randal Miser

Post by Randal Miser »

Devon_v wrote:
Randal Miser wrote:I have similar problems, but less about keeping my squads alive and more about trying to get the enemy pods to fight ME and not focus exclusively on the resistance members.

Seems no matter how suppressed, overwatched and flashbanged the enemy is, they still somehow always find a way to butcher half the haven.
They're playing to the objective. They don't need to stop you when they can cut off your support base. You can exploit this by pushing more aggressively in these missions since the enemy is more concerned with targeting the rebels.

Retaliations are supposed to be brutal, losing half the haven isn't an unusual outcome.
Yeah ok, that's great and all, but they are doing all of this at a total disregard of their own safety.
There is absolutely nothing about these missions that make you feel "Yeah, that's fair, I deserve this because I did mistakes and executed this poorly, and I should learn from this and revise my strategy so that I may do a better job the next time this happens".

You have situations where enemies will straight up leave themselves in flanked and flankable positions to fire at civilians, enemies rushing out of good cover to fire at civies, generally disregarding anything you do (even going as far as ignoring you even though you are open or in a prime position to get flanked) and letting themselves get picked off, and will on top of that give almost no fucks about getting flashbanged, mass suppressed, overwatched, nada (they are ESPECIALLY good at committing instant suicide by trying to fire at civilians while under Overwatch from 6 rangers with tons of aim and Covering Fire).

On top of all of this they just know the position of all the civilians when you don't, often reinforce in on top of civilians, and you have the civs themselves spawn in remote areas of the map that you cannot possibly reach in time, constantly run out into the open instead of taking cover (oftentimes running away from you), getting themselves flanked and in addition to this they seem to have some insano defense penalty that gives the aliens bonus chance to hit them.

They aren't even that "brutal" and hard to survive either, taking fire sort of requires there to be someone firing at you, you know?

I'm not saying that retaliations shouldn't have some negative consequence to them, but the amount of utter bullshit involved in these missions compared to literally everything else LW2 seems to offer is enough to make your head spin.

They aren't "fun", they aren't well thought out, they are an absolute total chore and a tedious waste of time, that might as well have been replaced with a pop up event that just tells you that advent raided a haven with the total loss being just randomly chosen based on advent strength vs resistance strength or whatever.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Randal Miser wrote:
Devon_v wrote:
Randal Miser wrote:I have similar problems, but less about keeping my squads alive and more about trying to get the enemy pods to fight ME and not focus exclusively on the resistance members.

Seems no matter how suppressed, overwatched and flashbanged the enemy is, they still somehow always find a way to butcher half the haven.
They're playing to the objective. They don't need to stop you when they can cut off your support base. You can exploit this by pushing more aggressively in these missions since the enemy is more concerned with targeting the rebels.

Retaliations are supposed to be brutal, losing half the haven isn't an unusual outcome.
Yeah ok, that's great and all, but they are doing all of this at a total disregard of their own safety.
There is absolutely nothing about these missions that make you feel "Yeah, that's fair, I deserve this because I did mistakes and executed this poorly, and I should learn from this and revise my strategy so that I may do a better job the next time this happens".

You have situations where enemies will straight up leave themselves in flanked and flankable positions to fire at civilians, enemies rushing out of good cover to fire at civies, generally disregarding anything you do (even going as far as ignoring you even though you are open or in a prime position to get flanked) and letting themselves get picked off, and will on top of that give almost no fucks about getting flashbanged, mass suppressed, overwatched, nada (they are ESPECIALLY good at committing instant suicide by trying to fire at civilians while under Overwatch from 6 rangers with tons of aim and Covering Fire).

On top of all of this they just know the position of all the civilians when you don't, often reinforce in on top of civilians, and you have the civs themselves spawn in remote areas of the map that you cannot possibly reach in time, constantly run out into the open instead of taking cover (oftentimes running away from you), getting themselves flanked and in addition to this they seem to have some insano defense penalty that gives the aliens bonus chance to hit them.

They aren't even that "brutal" and hard to survive either, taking fire sort of requires there to be someone firing at you, you know?

I'm not saying that retaliations shouldn't have some negative consequence to them, but the amount of utter bullshit involved in these missions compared to literally everything else LW2 seems to offer is enough to make your head spin.

They aren't "fun", they aren't well thought out, they are an absolute total chore and a tedious waste of time, that might as well have been replaced with a pop up event that just tells you that advent raided a haven with the total loss being just randomly chosen based on advent strength vs resistance strength or whatever.
I agree with this.
The retaliation should be re-worked. At least, all the civies should be near each other at the start of the missions. It basically doesn't make sense that you have 4 civies inside the houses (example) and two others far away just in the middle of trees and so on.
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here