Soldier stunned infinitely after broken mind control

Snorrsen

Soldier stunned infinitely after broken mind control

Post by Snorrsen »

1) The version of Long War you are playing.
The actual version in the steam workshop (09.03.17), i think its 1.2

2) The platform you are playing on.
PC

3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with.
CX UA 571-C Sentry Turret

4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it.
a) Get a Sectoid to mnid control a soldier
b) Use the Arc Stunner on this soldier
c) Next Turn: Kill the Sectoid, to break mind control

5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at.

Screenshot here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =879863502

Savegame here:
http://www.filedropper.com/save10

Bug Circumstances:

As one of my soldiers got mind controlled and i had no turn left to kill the sectoid, i decided to stun the soldier with the shinobi-class secondary weapon (this arc thrower thing). In the next round i was able to kill the sectoid and remove the mind control (as usual). I was not able to move my soldier, nor using any actions (the arc stun lasts 2 rounds).

Confusingly in the round after that (so round 3) there was no popup about neither "Soldier still stunned", nor "Soldier not stunned anymore". Also i was able to move my soldier around, despite he grafically was shown as stunned.

Now i needed to extract all my soldiers via the Firebrand. I cant extract my poor guy, because i cant do any actions with him (i forwarded some rounds, about 6 - 7, he is still not able to do any actions). I can move him around, but nothing else.
Also due to the fact he is not dead/bleeding out, i cant carry him around. So i guess i need to extract without him.
Skeazix

Re: Soldier stunned infinitely after broken mind control

Post by Skeazix »

Evac all mod should be able to evac him.
CasualGamer

Re: Soldier stunned infinitely after broken mind control

Post by CasualGamer »

I had exactly the same sequence of events when playing vanilla. Evac all was how I avoided losing my soldier (as the last poster suggested). Just move him and any other into evac, use the other to evac all.

If your in 1.2 you may be able to sedate him with a med pack - i was in vanilla so couldn't try that.