Upgrading a power plant to elerium conduit.

nick_abbott

Upgrading a power plant to elerium conduit.

Post by nick_abbott »

I have a power plant built on a power coil. I upgraded the power plant to improve production but now it will not accept an elerium conduit upgrade. From what I have read online this is because once you upgrade once then the elerium conduit option is no longer available. I usually build a second power plant to get the plus 11 power needed for the elerium conduit upgrade then tear it out after the upgrade if my original power plant is built on a power coil. This tactic seems no longer available in Long War II. If the power plant is not upgraded with new conduit then the elerium conduit upgrade is available. But once the plant has been upgraded once then the elerium conduit upgrade remains greyed out. I am wondering if this may be a bug that needs to be addressed/reported or discussed?
nick_abbott

Re: Upgrading a power plant to elerium conduit.

Post by nick_abbott »

140 views and no reply's leads me to believe this issue is likely caused by a mod. or mods. conflict. There are a few others on Reddit that have the same issue. I did find a work around by not upgrading the power plant (s) with the first tier upgrade and just use the elerium conduit upgrade when it becomes available. For my game if the button on the bottom right of the power plant screen reads "review upgrades" then the elerium upgrade is unavailable after that time.
marceror

Post by marceror »

I'm viewing, but have no idea, and I'm guessing likely most of the people viewing this have no idea what the issue is. Hence, no replies. Sorry mine doesn't offer any guidance.
Flapdrol

Post by Flapdrol »

All I can offer is that you shouldn't build Power Plant on coils anyway, as it will give you only 7 free power
- The upgraded Shadow Chamber costs 14 power
- A fully upgraded Laboratory costs 9 power
you will need both in the end, and you only have 2 coils.