What happens to existing run when 1.3 hits?

Bill365

What happens to existing run when 1.3 hits?

Post by Bill365 »

Hi. Sorry for the noob-like question, and sorry if it's already discussed elsewhere.

But what happens with my existing playthrough when 1.3 hits? I know I can go to offline mode if I want to keep it as 1.2, but it would be fun to see the new stuff in 1.3. I don't want to just start a new game because, frankly, I'm pretty attached to the toons in my current playthrough. They've kind of taken on lives of their own, so to speak.

Is this how it works? New mission and enemy parameters kick in immediately, but my existing soldiers keep their existing stats and perks, while 1.3's adjustments to their skills kick in? But new recruits will have the new class stats and skill trees? Is that right? (If so, as long as there are no compatibility conflicts, then it seems like it would be the best of both worlds.)
hewhoispale

Re: What happens to existing run when 1.3 hits?

Post by hewhoispale »

Bill365 wrote:Hi. Sorry for the noob-like question, and sorry if it's already discussed elsewhere.

But what happens with my existing playthrough when 1.3 hits? I know I can go to offline mode if I want to keep it as 1.2, but it would be fun to see the new stuff in 1.3. I don't want to just start a new game because, frankly, I'm pretty attached to the toons in my current playthrough. They've kind of taken on lives of their own, so to speak.

Is this how it works? New mission and enemy parameters kick in immediately, but my existing soldiers keep their existing stats and perks, while 1.3's adjustments to their skills kick in? But new recruits will have the new class stats and skill trees? Is that right? (If so, as long as there are no compatibility conflicts, then it seems like it would be the best of both worlds.)
They will sort-of keep their perks.

Picture the perk tree for one of your soldiers, and think about how you picked the "left" perk for level 1, the "center" perk for level 2, and so on. A number of the perk trees are going to be adjusted, with perks moving around. The game will remember that you soldier picked the "left" one, even if the tree has changed which perk is at that place in the tree, resulting in the soldier's selected perk changing.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Think of it as an indirect "Training Roulette" option that gets activated by coincidence! :lol:

The newest changes will offer you a wild ride filled with mystery effects but will also likely break a few more Strategy/Tactical layer systems.

Even though it's almost always best to start a new campaign to experience the "real thing"... i find it quite funny to at least witness the transition chaos (for awhile) & how gameplay reacts to such weird code-engine states. :mrgreen:
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

hewhoispale wrote: They will sort-of keep their perks.

Picture the perk tree for one of your soldiers, and think about how you picked the "left" perk for level 1, the "center" perk for level 2, and so on. A number of the perk trees are going to be adjusted, with perks moving around. The game will remember that you soldier picked the "left" one, even if the tree has changed which perk is at that place in the tree, resulting in the soldier's selected perk changing.
:shock: Yuck.

Hmm... if that's the case, I guess it's time find out the console command to respec troopers.

Thanks for the info! 8-)

EDIT: I found the page that lists console commands but, alas, didn't see any that were obviously for respeccing a soldier. Does anyone know the ~ code for doing this? Thanks in advance.
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

Cool. Thanks.

I'll just edit the ini's for the awc respec tank to take zero days, then. No console needed. Works for me. :P
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

I found this nice, clear explanation of how to respec your troops more or less instantly in the awc, for anyone who, like me, has only basic skills at editing ini files and needs to retrain existing soldiers after 1.3 kicks in. Enjoy. :P

Go to the longwar workshop folder and open the XComGameData.ini file. (will be something like \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609, I think the numbers might be different for others)

Find the follow lines

; This is multiplied per rank!

XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[0]=3

XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[1]=4; Normal

XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[2]=4; Classic

XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[3]=5; Impossible

And change every line (or just the one with the difficulty you play at) to say =0 at the end.

This will allow you to put your soldiers into the AWC for respec. As soon as you go onto the world map and time passes they will finish retraining instantly.