boosting infiltration

Jackal

boosting infiltration

Post by Jackal »

sheeeeesh, am i the only guy who thought you had to "boost" whatever your current infiltration was to get the most out of it?

like it multiplied however much you'd infiltrated by .75 and added that to it... so I would wait and try and figure out just the right amount instead of just boosting at the beginning and watching ... sheesh.
nmkaplan

Re: boosting infiltration

Post by nmkaplan »

Actually there's no reason to do it at the beginning either. It's 100% retroactive, so there's no difference between boosting at the beginning and boosting at the end.

The final result is exactly the same no matter when you hit the boost button.

So it actually makes the most sense to NEVER boost until you're ready to start the mission (either because the timer ran out, or you need the troops for a different mission, etc etc).

I'll sometimes do it at the beginning if I *KNOW* that I need to boost to hit my target infiltration and I don't want to forget later :) But other than that I always wait until I'm thinking about starting the mission.
Jackal

Re: boosting infiltration

Post by Jackal »

nmkaplan wrote:Actually there's no reason to do it at the beginning either. It's 100% retroactive, so there's no difference between boosting at the beginning and boosting at the end.

The final result is exactly the same no matter when you hit the boost button.

So it actually makes the most sense to NEVER boost until you're ready to start the mission (either because the timer ran out, or you need the troops for a different mission, etc etc).

I'll sometimes do it at the beginning if I *KNOW* that I need to boost to hit my target infiltration and I don't want to forget later :) But other than that I always wait until I'm thinking about starting the mission.

Well, if i'm trying to get done a.s.a.p. to get them back and i know i'm going to have to boost in the end, i no longer have to do the math of when I need to boost it.. i can just boost it and wait until it hits the mark