Question about reinforcements (possible bug?)

potato farmer

Question about reinforcements (possible bug?)

Post by potato farmer »

Hi guys

I've recently started playing Long War 2 1.3 and I've run into a weird issue in one mission.

It was an extract VIP mission that I decided to do with 2 guys. My squad had concealment from the start. The evac timer was 20 turns.

I spent most of the mission getting into position to hack the door and run out. On around turn 10 I noticed that the reinforcement warning changed from green to yellow, but I though that reinforcements could only start coming when you break concealment, so I carried on.

A few turns later the warning became red and on the following turn a reinforcement squad spawned. The weirdest thing was that the reinforcements immediately started running towards my soldiers. Both of them still had concealment and all of the other enemies on the map were still patrolling their usual locations.

I tried moving my soldiers in another direction and the reinforcements immediately started going towards that direction as well, so obviously they knew where my soldiers were, even though they were concealed and the enemies still couldn't see them. I had to bail the mission.

Is this intentional? Because to me it seems like an oversight or a bug. Before playing the game I watched a complete playthrough of LW2 1.2 and in that playthrough the reinforcements never spawned while the player's soldiers had concealment, even when there was 1 turn left till the objective is lost.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Phenotype

Re: Question about reinforcements (possible bug?)

Post by Phenotype »

Yes that's how it works now. The timer is longer, but you get reinforcements starting at about 1/2 way and gradually increasing in strength.

The won't go after you if you are concealed though. Was it as soon as they got off the transport? If so, they just run in a random direction to find cover and you were unlucky that they ran towards you.

2 man missions are a thing of the past for now: 4-5 man squads are best where you try to kill the pods one at a time.
potato farmer

Re: Question about reinforcements (possible bug?)

Post by potato farmer »

Phenotype wrote:The won't go after you if you are concealed though. Was it as soon as they got off the transport? If so, they just run in a random direction to find cover and you were unlucky that they ran towards you.
That's the thing. My soldiers were both located on the rightmost side of the map. The reinforcement squad spawned to the left and immediately started moving right. They moved right twice. After that I moved my soldiers down and then the enemy moved down, like they were following me. I had no choice but to evacuate because the enemy just cornered me without being able to see my soldiers.