weird AI behaviour around drone corpse

dario_gaston

weird AI behaviour around drone corpse

Post by dario_gaston »

So I was messing around with my trojan hacker in a HQ assault, taking down drones from concealment. After a while enemy pods started gathering around the drone wreckage, standing still there without taking cover but entering overwatch. I am still concealed.
Yenreb

Re: weird AI behaviour around drone corpse

Post by Yenreb »

Depending on difficulty level, overwatch may be a valid yellow alert activity. Finding a downed drone probably triggers yellow alert.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Right. A pod that spots a corpse will go on yellow alert. Although normally they'll move around until they actually spot you. Were they all going into overwatch or just say the MECs?
Last edited by Tuhalu on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
dario_gaston

Post by dario_gaston »

just the sentrys and mecs. Didn't know they could go on overwatch on yellow alert without being activated first. It's still weird all the pods in the map (except the one with the general) eventually were sitting next to the drone.
It felt kinda cheesy to hit 25+ aliens with one rocket, but... I considered it a revenge for all the times the game told me "you can step here without being spotted".
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

I read this as "Weird Al behavior", and thought Weird Al Yankovic had been added to the game

needless to say, I was definitely disappointed