Logistics of The Avenger

SouthpawHare

Logistics of The Avenger

Post by SouthpawHare »

This is not intended as any sort of criticism or serious matter; more of a fun thought experiment.

How many people would be necessary in order to keep the Avenger functioning and the army maintained in a realistic Long War 2 situation? How many of those generic jumpsuit jobber guys would be needed, and what various roles need to be performed in order to keep an army of the size present in LW2 (30-50 soldiers) going efficiently? Do they have full-time cooks, unseen doctors other than Tygan, and people to manage inventory?

Assuming that the in-game view of the Avenger is somewhat abstract and not a perfect 1-to-1 model with reality, what other rooms and facilities would be present? How many beds can it afford to fit? Does the army rely heavily on making camp outside the Avenger when it lands due to issues of limited space?
LordYanaek

Re: Logistics of The Avenger

Post by LordYanaek »

Well, we are talking about a guerilla band rather than a regular army which is important as i think everyone is doing a lot of different jobs. I think any soldier with Field Medic is probably occasionally helping the real doctor who's not Tygan but the scientist assigned to the AWC BTW which is why i never swap AWC scientist : i choose one when i first staff the AWC and then i might remove him/her if there's nobody to heal but he/she will always come back when i need faster healing, the mathematician in the lab might be very skilled at cracking those Datapads but i don't trust him with the life of my soldiers :lol:

That being said i would expect a sizeable crew, at least two to three dozen guys maintaining stuff and keeping the avenger functioning. There's probably enough space for everyone but it's certainly not very comfortable and privacy is probably impossible.