Psieye

Re: AAR Commander with AWC init tweaks

Post by Psieye »

8-man Swarming+ HQ

Featuring:
- "SU-100": MSGT technical with Iron Curtain and Traverse Fire
- "Showtime": Colonel sniper officer
- "Overclocked": SSGT OW spec with Skullmining tool and EXO
- "Top Shelf": SGT holo sniper (laser weapon)
- "Slayer": GSGT assault with Aim
- "Serial": MSGT AMF DfA (I was tempted to just get Serial for him, yes)
- "Wisp": GSGT tank shinobi with Fortify
- "Healbot": GSGT medic with Lone Wolf and Damn Good Ground

Turn 3, rainbow pod is next to explosives. "SU-100" shoots it with "Overclocked" on OW. Nothing dies because M2 goons have fat HP. "Showtime" Double Tap to kill M2 Lancer and hit M2 Turret, which gets finished by "Top Shelf". "SU-100" then succeeds in setting a Sergeant on fire. "Slayer" moves around out of sight and hunkers.

M2 Grenadier (1 HP) tries to run through door and dies to "Slayer"'s CCS. Nothing takes a shot: too much Def.

Turn 4, "Serial" AMFs an M2 Guardian. Skulljack the M2 Officer with "Overclocked". Codex spawns and immediately triggers "Slayer"'s CCS. Codex clone gets sniped by "Top Shelf" (graze). Codex main body dies to "Slayer" and he CEs into hunker.

Nothing takes a shot.

Turn 5, an M2 Rocketeer is in bad position to be seen. Move everyone out of sight and OW wall. "Slayer" moves out of sight and reloads.

M2 Rocketeer died to "Serial"'s OW.

Turn 6, no sight of the M2 Gunner who should have been the last of the rainbow pod. Must have fled. Oh wait, he was trying to approach but was so low in mobility he only ran to the door. "Slayer" says hi after opening said door. Even closes that door afterwards with CE. "SU-100" finds Muton pod and sets the Berserker on fire (giving himself smoke). Double Tap brings the Berserker down to 2 HP and it's on fire. "Serial" lands 75% Deadeye on the Centurion and even crits it - dead.

Berserker burns to death. Huh, I thought "Slayer" was out of sight but a Muton could see him - miss at 50%. Another Muton suppresses "SU-100".

Turn 7, suppression terminated by "Serial" who reloads afterwards. Another Muton is hit by "Showtime" (62%) and killed by "SU-100" (50%) - he then OWs. "Slayer" moves out of sight and hunkers.

Last Muton is happy to sheepishly move 1 tile into view and OW.

Turn 8, said Muton dies to 2 50% shots after "Top Shelf" rapid holos it. "Wisp" has found pod 3 and another M2 Turret which promptly gets AMF'd dead. "Slayer" moved out of sight again and hunkers (yes he's an assault that spends a lot of his time Aiming for a shot that never comes).

Pod 3 moves in "Slayer"'s direction.

Turn 9, "Slayer" EXO punch through the wall to activate pod 3 - nothing dies. Centurion conveniently scampers into a flank for "Serial" - dead. "Showtime" graze-kills an Engineer. Present "Overclocked" as a visible target (EV dash).

Oh, they could see "Slayer" despite the shut door - actually, graphics glitch: the door was open but looked shut. "Overclocked" covering fire nerfs the hit chance to 12%. "Wisp" spots pod 4.

Turn 10, clean up pod 3: just 2 goons at 1 HP each.

Drone pair spots "Overclocked" but fails to do anything. "Wisp" sees another pod walk past a window.

Turn 11, steal the M1 drone (100%). "Showtime" orders Focus Fire and then oneshots the M2 drone.

Turn 12, activate pod 4 by running the stolen drone into view. Berserker scampers up a ladder and promptly eats a CCS from "Slayer" (who hasn't taken any action yet). Berserker dies to a 21 non-crit Deadeye. "Slayer" jumps down from roof and kills both Sidewinders from flank - pod 4 wiped. "Wisp" comes dangerously close to a Chryssalid reveal (leaked visibility).

Pod 5 with the Chryssalid activates by seeing "SU-100" - said Chryssalid dies to the OW wall but a Sidewinder gets an orange-alert flank shot on "SU-100" (2 of 5 ablative lost).

Turn 13, AMF an M2 Turret. Stolen drone lands 55% graze shot to daze a Sidewinder. Holo the other Sidewinder and kill it with 2 60% shots. "SU-100" gets into high cover and hunkers against the one Sidewinder in sight. "Slayer" moves up to a door and reloads. "Wisp" spots another M2 Turret - I think we've found the General's building.

Pod 6 with a Berserker sees stolen drone: has 2 Naja with it.

Turn 14, kill the M2 Turret with 2 sniper shots. "Showtime" also grazes the Sidewinder which then dies to "SU-100"'s graze shot. He then OWs. "Slayer" dashes to behind a corner. Move drone such that it will trigger CCS next turn and... drat, somehow that moved it out of range to tazer the Berserker. Not a big deal. "Overclocked" runs up to a useful EV position and gets Aid Protocol. Incidentally "Healbot" has been camping in some flank for the last few turns, doing nothing but hunker and pilot his drone.

Berserker dashes and takes 10 damage from 3 reaction shots. Drone (hack expired) did not take CCS shot but misses a stun on "Overclocked".

Turn 15, "Showtime" reloads and snapshots drone. AMF the other Naja. Berserker focussed down. General's pod spotted.

The other drone pair spotted, near General.

Turn 16, time to find a good vantage point for "Serial" while "Wisp" keeps an eye on the General's pod. Medic dashes into fog to scout.

Turn 17, sorta risky move by having Slayer dash through a window close the General to get in CCS troll position.

General eats CCS while walking through door (shadowstep ignored).

Turn 18, 2 of my 3 snipers are out of position. Really stupid move to troll with CCS. Ah well, let's see what we can do. "SU-100" kills an Archer despite suppression and hunkers (very few things will see him). "Top Shelf" crits M2 Mec with AP ammo. "Slayer" runs up to stun the General, pulls the drone pod... which activates CCS so he has no ammo now. Well fuck, was meant to kill the M2 Mec that's now right next to him. Might be time to abuse the Mec AI: "Wisp" reveals to fleche an M2 Drone, putting herself in flank to an M2 Trooper. "Slayer" stunguns General. "Overclocked" moves out of sight and reloads.

M2 Drone tazers "Slayer", other Archer missiles "Wisp" and "Slayer" (which also shreds the M2 Mec a bit). M2 Mec doesn't want to take a shot on 2 flanks - thinks suppression is better. M1 drone stuns "Wisp". A lucky goon hits "Wisp" in flank at 13% - she's now 3 HP below max.

Turn 19, "SU-100" kills M2 Mec. Double Revival on "Wisp" and "Slayer". "Wisp" slashes M2 drone (at 1 HP due to Archer) then takes a free shot at stunned, holo'd General. "Top Shelf" crits General. "Slayer" reloads and kills General. "Serial" removes the Rocketeer from behind. "Overclocked" comes back in sight and turns off Archer. "Wisp" finishes actions by moving to pick up loot, out of sight to everything but the M1 drone behind her.

M1 drone dies to CCS. M2 Gunner shows up from inside building, stands exactly where the Rocketeer died and misses a 31% shot on "Slayer" (it was "Overclocked"'s turn to Aid Protocol but he had to move and hack).

Turn 20, "Showtime" Focus Fires the Archer and Commands "Overclocked" to triple dash for a Skullmine on the M2 Gunner - fails to hit. Everything dies to the abundant actions remaining.

Debrief:
- 38 kills
- "Wisp" wounded for 3 days.
- No promotions.
- Elite Expanded Magazine

Begin the Adv. Expanded Magazine PG project: it'll be done right as Coilguns get researched. No more shinobi available - everyone is in med-bay or infiltrating.

East Asia liberated, so must launch this S&G now at 139% infil.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

So it's a new Supply period and the black market was very interested in Alien Data Caches (had 3). So I splurged to buy a Sgt sniper. Has kinda crappy aim. More intrigugingly, 6 HP, 15 Mobility, 7 Dodge and 5 Defence offers a really weird build (since I have so many snipers doing real sniper jobs) once the AWC is taken into account. "Hollywood" is going to be a holo pistol girl, meaning I'm picking perks for defensive purposes.

As for that Lib 3 in East Africa (currently Str 7), I think I will underinfiltrate that after Coilgun is complete. With 2 Trojan hackers to 'stealth' towards the evac first!

Note to self: it is 27 July, once it hits August, need to scan the PoI for reducing contact cost. But first, must scan in the new region: West US.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs Moderate-Heavy Lib 2 (Scientist in van) - 27% infil, 2d 13h, 18 turn limit

Featuring:
- "SU-100": MSGT technical with Iron Curtain and Traverse Fire
- "Showtime": Colonel sniper officer
- "Overclocked": SSGT OW spec with Skulljack and EXO (laser weapon)
- "Top Shelf": SGT holo sniper (laser weapon, T2 holo)
- "Big Money": SGT smoke-in-training grenadier (has Center Mass)
- "Serial": MSGT AMF DfA
- "Banshee": GSGT tank shinobi
- "Healbot": GSGT medic with Lone Wolf, Damn Good Ground, Skulljack and EXO (laser weapon)

Starting location, VIP and evac form a nice triangle. I will stealth to evac first before opening fire.

Turn 1, a drone is in the way. Oh well, back to trusty plan B: shoot on sight. Pod 1 is an M2 drone (died to Double Tap) and an M2 Officer. "Serial" fails to kill with AMF. OW wall setup for the 5 HP Officer.

Pod 2 (2-man) walks in on "Overclocked". Nothing dies from "Overclocked"'s 2 OW shots. Pod 1's Officer moves to new cover and holos "Overclocked".

Turn 2, "Top Shelf" spotlights an M2 Grenadier (pod 2) and the M2 Officer from pod 1. "Overclocked" moves 2 tiles and kills Officer from flank. AMF kill on Grenadier. Banshee isn't finding any pods in the VIP's direction - very useful intel.

Pod 2's M2 Officer gives up and OWs without moving - while in low cover.

Turn 3, holo the Officer, Traverse Fire from "SU-100" kills after landing both shots. A dash by "Healbot" doens't reveal anything - time to move the snipers.

Turn 4, "Healbot" spots pod 3 - 5-man alien pod. Retreats to high cover and gets buffed. Oh... "Banshee" moved too far forward, activated pod 4 way far away. No Aid Protocol available for him. "Big Money" smokes up and shoots a Muton that didn't scamper to cover. +12 aim from Lead by Example and he still grazes. "Serial" grapples to be in position for shooting pod 4.

Sidewinder (pod 4) spits on "Banshee" and a Mec suppresses him. Sectoid (pod 3) fails mindspin on "Healbot" (98 will). "Big Money" takes a 16% shot for all his ablative (5). "Banshee" loses all his ablative (3) and takes 1 damage from another graze shot.

Turn 5, "Top Shelf" rapid holos and crits the suppressing Mec dead. "Showtime" grazes a 55% shot to cancel suppression from Muton, letting "Big Money" run away. "Showtime"'s 2nd shot outright kills that Muton (the 1st shot blew its cover). "Banshee" moves closer, double shoots (Hit and Run) a Sidewinder then gets Threat Assessment on him. "Healbot" hunkers after buffing "Banshee".

Damn Sectoid dazed "Banshee", switching off Hard Target (and maybe Lone Wolf too). Muton (pod 4) had 16% hit chance which should never happen normally. High damage roll too so "Banshee" is 6 HP below max (thank you 3 armour). 2 Mutons (pod 3) suppress my specs.

Turn 6, hmm Lone Wolf still on according to UI. I should update Perfect Information to the LW2 version, does it account for edited graze bands? "SU-100" rockets a suppressing Muton and blows up the truck 2 Sectoids were hiding behind - nothing dies. "Healbot" finishes the 3 HP Muton with no armour left. The other suppressing Muton didn't realise it's already flanked by "Showtime". Then "Big Money" returns to finish said Muton. "Banshee" dashes away while shooting an M2 Naja. A Zombie tanks 2 actions from the squad.

Nothing shoots. Sectoids mucking around.

Turn 7, "Banshee" shows up from hiding to see pod 4 had been dashing to chase. Snipers remove pod 4's Muton and Sectoid after "Banshee"'s free shot. He then fleches the M2 Naja. "Big Money" flanks a Sectoid and kills it. "Healbot" fully heals "Banshee" (Saviour). "SU-100" finishes the other Sectoid (was in OW) with a graze shot.

My greedy move is punished: "Overclocked" getting 4 shots because I moved to grab the loot and pod 5 orange-alerted into him. I fucked up on who I should Aid Protocol. Didn't help that a Scout shot him first thing.

Turn 8, "Top Shelf" grazes at 39% to remove suppression from Gunner. That lets "Overclocked" move back. Heal him and hunker "Healbot". Aid Protocol on "Banshee" and he runs to roof then reloads - a Guardian didn't take an OW on him because Def too high. Really awful lines of sight - reload and Command with "Showtime" to let "Serial" move and shoot but he still doesn't have good line of sight anywhere. Lay smoke down and hope "SU-100" is in the right position for Bunker Buster to be meaningful next turn.

"Overclocked" doesn't have great luck, getting hit twice (he'd be dead if I hadn't healed him). Well, that's what I get for not letting him hunker so he could buff "Banshee". Turns out he was the one who needed it.

Turn 9, "Banshee" runs past 3 goons while moving to new cover - a Guardian dies to his free shot and "Showtime" despite its shield. "SU-100" fires Bunker Buster, exposing everything near the evac. Though well, "Overclocked" EXOs 3 of them down regardless of cover. "Showtime"'s 2nd shot kills the Scout. Threat Assessment on Banshee (he'll be the one to hack the van). The other snipers move towards evac.

Woo, "Showtime" got shot by a Shieldbearer (17% miss). An Engineer eats "Banshee"'s OW and goes into OW.

Turn 10, show how little I care about 3 damage by having "SU-100" (5 ablative) tank the Engineer's shot - miss at 34%. Focus Fire on the Shieldbearer. "SU-100" grazes at 47%. "Serial" grapples onto bus stop and AMFs the Shieldbearer. "Banshee" dashes to van in complete exposure.

M2 Rocketeer shows up and takes flank shot: thank you body armour, only 2 damage.

Turn 11, RNF bucket go red. Open van (Large Supply Cache get), fleche - fail to kill (graze). Awkward, as he has no ammo so Threat Assessment won't guarantee the finish.

M2 Rocketeer OWs. RNF mostly die to OW wall: one Archer left.

Turn 12, Aid Protocol and Fleche with "Banshee" to remove M2 Rocketeer. Feed Archer to "Big Money".

Squad is out on turn 14.

Debrief:
- 28 kills
- "Overclocked" down for 14 days and promoted to TSGT
- "Top Shelf" promoted to SSGT
- "Banshee" down for 9 days
- "Big Money" promoted to SSGT
- 75 supplies and a scientist (assigned to AWC)

Both those wounds were due to carelessness. Thankfully spare personnel are ready.

Oh, a Supply Raid with 8 days left. "Colt"'s 8-man squad is currently down to 6-man while they wait for his officer training. They're ready to go on a Light S&G. "Showtime" can go with them to 7-man Supply Raid afterwards.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

7-man GOp squad vs 8-turn Hack - 119% infil (boosted), Str 7

Boosted this to get my Trojan spec out. Miscalculated how long Coilgun would take, can't afford to wait another 19 hours when there's only 3 days left on Lib3.

Turn 1, OW wall while huddling around tiny cover. A HEAT frag opens up on pod 1: Muton, M2 Naja. After OW party, a Hail of Bullets from "Dirk" the AWC gunner finishes the Muton.

Pod 2 walks in: Archer and Engineer. Shinobi sees another pod just ahead.

Turn 2, Rocket on pod 2 by a flame technical goes off target and doesn't hit the Muton as well. On the bright side, the cover next to the Engineer isn't destroyed. Grenadier officer runs up and makes eye contact with pod 3: Muton, Sectoid. Receive another frag from "Cypher" the Trojan spec and destroy the Muton's cover plus all its armour. "Dirk" injects Overdrive Serum and fleches the Engineer - activates pod 4: M2 Trooper, Sergeant. "Cypher" T2 Combat Protocol on the Archer dead.

Grenadier officer panics from Mindspin.

Turn 3, "Dirk" stim-blue moves to flank Sergeant and misses 58% shot while activating Pod 5: M2 Trooper, M2 Officer. The action is so far away now it's hard to keep up with "Dirk".

"Dirk" is too buff to shoot so mass OW. Except for one M2 Trooper (pod 4) which sees a great flank and only manages 2 damage. Said Trooper has flanked itself to the rest of the squad.

Turn 4, M2 Trooper dies from 2 shots. Sectoid with zombie lives with 1 HP after shinobi Fleche. Zombie killed with 2 shots. Smoke on "Dirk" who reloads and suppresses Sergeant because it's closest to flanking her.

Sectoid shifts to new cover and hits shinobi for 1 damage. Sergeant stays still and shoots grenadier officer - miss (3%). M2 Officer holos (after everyone else shot) and grazes "Dirk" for 1.

Turn 5, RNF bucket go red. Flame technical kills Sectoid. Ranger uses Overdrive Serum and presents himself as very attractive target (low cover). Then lands a 51% shot and even crits it to oneshot the Sergeant. Grenadier sets M2 Officer on fire. "Dirk" Fleche an M2 Trooper and the shinobi finishes it off (61% shot on flank).

RNF lands and both OW shots miss. Pod 5 orange-alerts into "Dirk" from behind her. Get 2 shots in: tazer and graze for total 2 damage.

Turn 6, ranger kills M2 Officer, ending holo on "Dirk" who runs back to full cover. Flame technical gets both M2 Viper and M2 Trooper from RNF on fire. M2 Viper shot dead by units that don't have anything better to do. Engineer from RNF dies to Squaddie spec's laser rifle.

"Dirk" takes 1 more damage (from a tazer) and pod 5's snek somehow misses tongue. Nothing goes on OW because ranger is attractive target - he loses all his ablative from 2 grazes.

Turn 7, evac is here. Flame technical uses Fortify then runs out and flames the RNF M2 Trooper. "Cypher" is 1 tile too short of the evac to hack and escape. Time to Command. Half the squad leave with "Cypher".

16% taze on grenadier officer misses. Snek OW against technical.

Turn 8, technical runs OW and takes 2 damage. The rest of the squad evacs.

"Dirk" wounded for 7 days.

Ah FINALLY I've found the Faceless in New India (home region). Now I can... keep a soldier stationed here because East Africa is about to hit Str 8 when this train arrives. I guess I'll be facing an invasion eventually.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs Swarming+ Lib 3 Dark VIP. Str 7, 32% infil.

Let's "stealth". Hah, there's bound to be so many Faceless around here.

Turn 1, Trojan a drone. Hack lamp (!00%) for Hypnography (-50% will). Pod 1 is 10-man.

Turn 3, RNF bucket goes yellow. R U SRS? Squad concealment is still up.

Edge of vision: something OW'd. Orange-alert from the trojan'd drone.

Turn 4, begin by Deadeye'ing M2 Officer (31 damage crit). Remove an M2 Rocketeer, choose to burn a Shieldbearer and M2 Gunner over burning the M2 Grenadier.

Grenadier decides to run and OW. Pod 2 activates: 10-man aliens. They yellow-alert "Healbot" for all his ablative.

Turn 5, RNF bucket go red. Yeah, this is unwinnable. Reloading back to Geoscape, good to learn what Str 7 is like.

Uh hmm... what happen? I aborted the Lib 3 with 0 hours remaining and it instantly got detected again with 8d 22h? Say can they do trap missions with Lib 3? I thought it was only hack missions? Well, sending the 8-man GOp to infiltrate it proper this time. Or not - a Lib 2 with 3 days offering a scientist showed up elsewhere. Ok I'll give up on East Africa.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs Heavy Supply Raid. Str 5 neighbour, 67% infil (2 days left but want the squad elsewhere)

Turn 1, pod 1 is 1 tile away from being seen. Shinobi has EXO. Yeah let's do this. Armour stripped off of Shieldbearer and Centurion. Rocketeer dies. "Showtime" Focus Fire on Centurion and it goes down in 2 lucky shots. Throw evac flare just in case.

Pod 2 walks in, with 2 Faceless and 2 Sidewinders (one M2) to really draw my attention.

Turn 2, T2 Combat Protocol to remove the Shieldbearer that punched the ground while at 1 HP. Both Faceless and both Sidewinders removed as well as a Sectoid with a zombie - "Showtime" is in open cover with only smoke to make this happen (Double Tap).

M2 snek spits on immune people. Engineer OWs.

Turn 3, Shadowstep Fleche the Engineer. "Apex" hits at 65% to make M2 snek trivial to finish. Now we can finally dig into the corner.

Turn 4, gunner finds pod 3. "Apex" gets a free flank on M2 Gunner after they scampered. "Top Shelf" also gets a free flank on an M1 Lancer. Both kill their marks. Command the gunner to get into cover. "Sonar" the OW spec with Warden sets up while flanking an M2 Lancer.

M2 Lancer ate 2 OW and still stabbed the gunner. Well, she's a Cpl and is only here for Trial by Fire. Tactical Ablative.

Turn 5, 2 snipers remove the Shieldbearer. M2 Lancer removed, but there's another in sight.

Other M2 Lancer eats OW shots to charge at "Sonar" - miss.

Turn 6, remove the M2 Lancer. Everyone reloads and steadies.

Turn 7, no contact.

Turn 8, no contact.

Turn 9, activate the 8-man command pod and an M2 Turret. Double Tap to put the Berserker on 3 HP. 2 snipers remove the Longbow. Switch off an M2 Mec. Finish Berserker with the Cpl gunner.

Dear AI, when you have 100 Aim from War Cry, please do something more useful than Suppression. M2 Mec missiles the shinobi for all his ablative.

Turn 10, only 1 sniper shot worth taking - Centurion crit but still alive. Everyone else in kite mode.

Tactical Ablative doing her job, getting hit. Both M2 Mecs in vision now.

Turn 11, Full Override steal an M2 Mec (90%). Double Tap and DfA the other M2 Mec. At this point, the mission was won. Snipers being unchallenged (2 positioned in flank) while tanks troll a couple Centurions. In fact, one died from 3 reaction shots while trying to run after the stolen M2 Mec.

Cpl gunner down for 5 days
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp vs Moderate Lib 2 (Scientist from City), Str 1 - 30% infil

Featuring:
- "The Kid": MSGT phantom snapshot sniper
- "Serial": MSGT DfA sniper
- "Overdrive": MSGT OW spec with Low Profile and Shredder
- "Cypher": TSGT Trojan hacker
- "Turret": MSGT smoke grenadier
- "Icepick": SSGT rifle assault with Guardian
- "Colt": GSGT Lt Col holo officer
- "Wisp": GSGT tank shinobi

Turn 2, a most inconvenient place for pod 1: behind the tall building that's already near the edge. Hmm... I think the squad needs to take a long sideways walk. Ok yeah pod 2 (spotted by "The Kid") is inconvenient too. Snipers need good vision and this place is horrible.

Turn 4, some semblance of positioning achieved. "Serial" AMFs a Mec and "Overdrive" OW kills a Sectoid. Huh it was a 2-man pod? Well, "Cypher" just failed a 75% hack so now the whole map should come rushing in - good as I only have so many smokes. Oh damn, forgot "Cypher" had Failsafe.

Turn 5, remove an M2 Turret with AMF. "The Kid" walks towards loot and finds the most surreal sight of 15 enemies all hugging the map edge. I suppose I could stealth this by avoiding that map edge but... this isn't 8-man for nothing. Command "Serial" to shoot again (killing Shieldbearer) after setting up OW wall.

Both shots from "Overdrive" kill. Pod 2's remannts muck around uselessly.

Turn 6, so that's 3 unactivated pods surrounding "The Kid". Fun fact learnt today: grapple hook does not break stealth, at least with Peek from Concealment mod. AMF an M2 Gunner. "Wisp" breaks stealth to 2-shot an M2 Officer's flank from roof. Gets Threat Assessment.

Pod 3 walks into "Wisp", M2 Naja dies to her OW and "Overdrive"'s. A Muton is one-shot by "Overdrive"'s OW. M2 Guardian moves up and takes a shot at "Icepick"'s flank but misses - 41%.

Turn 7, "Wisp" ignores a Muton's suppression due to Shadowstep and shoots the Guardian from behind. Then again. Guardian not dead because both shots were grazes. "Colt" lands another graze to finish it. "Turret" moves up and smokes in advance. "Icepick" moves up and activates pod 4 with 2 M2 Mecs. Something dies to "Overdrive". AMF one of the M2 Mecs (it lost most of its armour from "Overdrive"). "Cypher" switches off the other M2 Mec (100%).

M2 Trooper misses "Overdrive" - 16%.

Turn 8, start moving everyone towards evac, nothing visible anymore besides a shut down M2 Mec. OW wall.

Ah, forgot that Muton that's Bayonet Charging across the roof (and losing all its armour to "Overdrive"). It misses "Wisp" - 5% hit and she has 100% dodge right now.

Turn 9, "Wisp" runs to spot pod 5 while killing the Muton. "Overdrive" moves up to Capacitor Discharge on the Shieldbearer and Muton. "Icepick" Run and Gun to shoot Muton's flank from above roof. "Colt" holos and Commands so "Overdrive" can OW. "Cypher" finishes Shieldbearer with Combat Protocol. "Turret" moves into Muton's flank and kills it. "The Kid" snapshots Sectoid for graze. "Serial" dashes to pick up loot.

Sectoid dies to "Overdrive"'s OW. Other Sectoid raises Zombie.

Turn 10, Sectoid dies to Fleche. VIP out. It feels so wrong that RNF never came but this is low Str.

Debrief:
- No wounds.
- "Wisp" promoted to MSGT
- "Cypher" promoted to GSGT
- Another Scientist added to the team

In other news, an E.Light 5-man GOp got "Slayer" his promotion to MSGT and another scientist. It takes 5 hours to grind down an Elerium core now. Once I get Adv. Coilgun I may need to do this for a while to build up my Elerium stock. Shadow Chamber is under construction.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs Moderate Lib 1, Str 2, 35% infil

Featuring:
- "Apex": GSGT DfA sniper
- Cpl Technical
- "Gizmo": MSGT hacker spec
- "Showtime": MSGT Col sniper officer
- "Big Money": SSGT smoke grenadier
- "Top Shelf": SSGT holo sniper
- "Mace": SSGT shinobi
- "Sonar": TSGT OW spec

Turn 1, "Apex" grapples to roof of house. Technical spots pod 1's Shieldbearer. "Apex" snipes, Shieldbearer alive with 1 HP. Command him to get out of sight (into house) as an M2 Mec scampered into sight range. "Gizmo" Capacitor Discharges to finish Shieldbearer and damage the M2 Mec. 2 smokes to set up tank position. Technical hunkers down.

Pod 2 walks in, drone walks in. M2 Mec reaches spot I didn't expect and takes flank shot on "Gizmo". That was an arrogant position I had him take, what a pointless wound (5 below max HP).

Turn 2, "Top Shelf" holos M2 Sidewinder and crits the M2 Mec dead. "Big Money" and "Apex" kill the holo'd snek. "Sonar" moves to edge of OW M1 snek's vision and counter OWs (drat, forgot he doesn't have Covering Fire). Technical runs up with Fortify and Aid Protocol, dodges both OW sneks and sets one on fire. Activates another solo drone while doing so. "Showtime" snapshots at 53% and the snek survives. Throw flare anywhere (because forgot to last turn).

Solo drone dies to "Sonar". Snek spits on Technical and OWs. Centurion runs away and OWs.

Turn 3, "Apex" comes out and holos snek. "Showtime" finishes the job. Technical throws smoke and gets Aid Protocol.

Centurion runs away again. What is it doing?

Turn 4, squad dashes forward with aggressive scouting.

Ok, Centurion was grouping up with another pod.

Turn 5, "Mace" spots 2 pods. Would love to take some time to get in position... I will burn an Intervene, screw the timer.

A different pod than the 2 spotted comes into view: 3 sneks. This is pod 3. M2 snek eats a crit OW and survives with 2 HP.

Turn 6, pod 4 is woken up by critting the M2 Sidewinder with "Showtime". A Muton from that pod dies to holo and 2 snipes ("Showtime"'s 2nd shot). Rocket pod 3 to finish M2 snek and expose the 2 Sidewinders. Take cover against a gas can to finish both of them. "Apex" leaves Muton with 2 HP.

Muton runs away.

Turn 7, "Mace" picks up loot and spots for snipers. Holo the Centurion and hit with "Apex". This scampers the 2 robots in pod 5 forward. Airdrop to "Big Money" then master the M1 Mec (76% chance). That activates pod 6. "Mace" EXO punches while exposed in open, kills Muton and hits 2 others (including the Archer). Technical throws 2nd smoke to "Mace". "Big Money" frags Sergeant dead and damage Archer. "Sonar" further buffs "Mace" then kills Archer with graze. "Showtime" grazes Centurion, it's down to 2 HP.

Mec dies tanking 3 shots. Centurion War Cry and shoots "Mace" - miss (9%).

Turn 8, RNF bucket go red. Intervene and re-throw evac flare to closer location. "Apex" kill Centurion with graze then reloads. "Big Money" moves up to high cover, rapid smokes and crits M2 Grenadier in flank (it took cover against the mastered Mec).

RNF is 5-man with 4 Mutons. WTF. Centurion dies to OW party. Pod 6 shoots twice on "Mace" and one is a graze - all his ablative. Muton hiding in a sink, wtf.

Turn 9, "Sonar" dash to EV at point where he flanks 2 Mutons. This gets him away from the gas tank. "Showtime" kill M2 Trooper from flank and OW (only thing she could see). Technical Fortifies and laser SMGs the gas tank - 1 Muton killed (which "Sonar" was looking at). "Gizmo" Air Drop so "Big Money" can frag Muton in sink. That somehow alters cover so Muton is stepping out, letting "Gizmo" see him straight below his feet - graze. "Top Shelf" runs away into obscure location. "Apex" grapples DOWN to a caravan roof, snipes the Muton below "Gizmo" then DfA moves out of sight. "Mace" ignores great opportunity to dash for objective laptop.

"Sonar" one-shots a Muton with EV. "Mace" takes 2 graze shots for 4 HP below max.

Turn 10, "Showtime" snipes the Sergeant that put its back to her. "Apex" snipes Guardian from his hiding spot and "Gizmo" combat protocols it dead. "Mace" hacks objective and the squad evacs.

Debrief:
- 25 kills
- "Mace" down for 9 days and promoted to TSGT
- "Apex" promoted to MSGT
- "Gizmo" down for 8 days

Time to HQ in East Europe. If I boost, it'll be done in less than 5 days as I'm sending a 7-man squad. Meantime there's an "E.Light" Smash and Grab with 3 days left that I want to do. I'll have to do it with no snipers unless there's one in some mission that'll soon go off.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs Moderate Smash & Grab - 26% infil

Featuring:
- "Banshee": GSGT tank shinobi
- "Hollywood": SGT holo sniper
- "Baja": MSGT gunner with Sentinel
- "Twister": GSGT gunner with Low Profile and Guardian
- "Slayer": MSGT assault with Aim and EXO
- "Barbarian": Major sapper grenadier officer
- "Amazon": SSGT smoke grenadier
- LCpl OW spec

Turn 1, spot pod 1, "Hollywood" shoots Sidewinder immediately. Pod 1 is 5-man. Woah, shitty pod 2 starting location: already flanking us when "Amazon" walks out. "Slayer" Run & Gun to Trench Gun 2 targets. Drat he's exposed himself to a Sergeant but no helping it. Trench Gun kills M2 Gunner and M2 Trooper. Move squad to engage pod 2 first, it'll be a dash before pod 1 sees the squad. Command to have "Twister" suppress the Sergeant. Smoke and Aid Protocol on "Slayer".

Muton dashes into open cover and flanks "Banshee". There goes stealth. Sergeant shoots at 2% and misses "Slayer". M2 snek spit has really large radius...

Turn 2, "Baja" recovers from poison (meaning he can't move if he wants to stay healthy) and Demolishes snek's cover (tree). Snek gets holo'd. "Slayer" oneshots Sergeant with shotgun to face, then shoots exposed snek. Spec kills snek. "Barbarian" moves to cover relative to pod 1 and HEAT Warheads all of a Muton's armour. "Twister" had recovered from poison but I move him and Rapid Fire the exposed Muton - dies as both 53% shots hit. "Amazon" lays down another smoke for "Banshee" who hits Overdrive Serum and runs 3 OW shots: only the M2 Trooper shot because 75 Aim (graze for all the ablative). The 2 sneks were too low in aim to even try. "Banshee" shoots exposed Trooper twice (Hit and Run) to kill it.

Sidewinder from pod 1 wastes turn spitting on "Banshee" (Hazmat). Muton throws grenade at "Amazon" (2 damage) and "Barbarian" (lose armour, 5 damage) - 3 HP below max. Sidewinder shoots now-exposed "Amazon", she's now 2 HP below max. Did I mention there's no medkits here?

Turn 3, "Amazon" takes poison damage. "Banshee" move forward, activates pod 3, kills Sidewinder, Fleche to kill other Sidewinder of pod 1. "Hollywood" crits M2 Lancer of pod 3 at 66% hit chance to one-shot it. Command "Banshee" to shoot at the exposed, Focus Fire'd Muton - oneshots with crit. Smoke and Aid Protocol "Banshee". The gunner stand around waiting for poison puddle to dissipate.

Pod 3 dashes just to see "Banshee".

Turn 4, "Amazon" still poisoned. "Banshee" runs an OW (avoids it) to get in Sergeant's face. "Barbarian" lobs a frag which exposes Engineer. "Banshee" kills both of them. "Amazon" moves towards evac, gunners finally free to move forward.

M2 Lancer chose the wrong target to dash at - "Slayer". Though "Baja" oneshots it before CCS triggered.

Turn 5, "Amazon" free of poison with 2 HP left. "Banshee" sees nothing, "Slayer" activates pod 4. Snipe the M2 Mec for 5 damage. "Slayer" moves out of sight.

M2 Guardian gets oneshot by spec's OW (with Mag). M2 Mec takes more damage and hits back (56%).

Turn 6, spec Skullmines a Scout - completely exposed now. "Barbarian" frags another Guardian and the M2 Mec. "Twister" Iron Curtains for the lulz, kills Guardian and shreds the last of the Mec's armour. "Slayer" kills Mec and CE moves to pick up loot.

Turn 7, "Banshee" grabs a crate and spots last pod: Mutons. Pod scatters against him, which should be safe as they're inside a building. "Barbarian" opens a hole in the wall, through which "Hollywood" snipes M2 Guardian from behind. "Slayer" EXO punch from behind a wall: hits 2 Mutons. Spec EXO punch from behind a fence: kills Muton (which got hit by both EXOs) and hits Centurion. Centurion has lost all its armour and is now exposed. "Banshee" shoots it twice to kill. "Baja" finishes the other Muton with Hail.

Running simulation to get to the evac on the other side of the map. Hack lamp for PCS.

Debrief:
- "Barbarian" down for 8 days and gathered 10 intel as an officer (I need him to reach GSGT so he can learn Infiltrator already).
- LCpl spec down for 9 days (this hurts, specs are meant to level up fast) and promoted.
- "Amazon" down for 20 days (and this seriously hurts, smoke grenadiers are my backbone).
- 163 supplies + more from inventory to sell.
- 11 alloys (always need more of this) and 3 Elerium Cores (must break down for mats).

So really, ONE SNEK (and the lack of medkits) was responsible for all the wounds on this run. Poison kept my 2 gunners way back and it was my GSGT shinobi (with coil SMG) who was carrying the whole squad against all of pod 1. Ok, the Muton grenade really sucked, but that wouldn't have happened had the squad been in proper position - "Slayer" was way far out to the side because pod 2 Sergeant needed to die. He never reloaded this mission - that's how badly out of place he was the rest of the mission. A CCS Assault that never reloaded - seriously wtf.

Also, I regret passing up on Formidable on "Barbarian". He's trying to learn Sting Grenades but it's slow going. If he didn't have Quick Study then I'd be happy for him to be wounded more while learning to be ultimate Sting but he's more valuable as an officer than a grenadier. Come to think, this was extra my fault for not realising a Muton would want to lob a grenade - I didn't activate Incoming!
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs E.Heavy Troop Column

I won't go into every last detail for a Troop Column. Notable moments:

Pod 1 Muton gets marked by "The Kid" the phanton snapshot sniper (I didn't want her to break stealth). It died learning there were 3 OW with Coilguns waiting for it - would have been 4 but "Overdrive" the OW spec saw pod 2 and greeted them.

Pod 2 mostly took cover along a house wall. With a gas tank next to it. Rocket shot through window. Aggressive (read: careless) EV move by "Jaybird" the OW ranger reveals there was an M2 Rockteer in that pod. "The Kid" broke stealth to snapshot that target down. That aggressive EV ended up seeing pod 3 (Mutons) with a Berserker in it. "Jaybird" freed of Suppression thanks to "Serial" the DfA sniper nailing the Muton with AMF (with a crit too). The Berserker killed an M2 Officer for me. 3 Suppressions from the rest of the Mutons but they were unravelled one by one.

"Jaybird" had EV dashed to flank all the remainder of pod 3 who were all near death - they wiped. Pod 2 however was still around so "Jaybird" shot one through low cover to finish what "The Kid" failed to oneshot. Pod 4 was spotted by a dash from shinobi - another muton ball. What did "Jaybird" do with only 1 ammo left? Run & Gun (AWC), reload, OW.

"Turret" the MSGT smoke grenadier took serious injury (16 days) because I forgot Centurions liked to charge (and how far they could move). Revival Protocol meant she didn't die for being stunned in low cover.

Rapid Reaction + Threat Assessment is ridiculous for letting a ranger shoot, reload then OW 3 times. Or shoot twice and then OW 3 times.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Intel mini-retal went badly. Pod closest to the rebels had a Mec in it - no smoke grenades, flashbangs don't work. Lost a rebel, the relay, "Jaybird" down for 3 days and a Cpl spec was bleeding on the ground (Emergency Life Support). That last one was bad visual assumption: I thought the Muton couldn't see the spec next to "Jaybird" behind the car but no, car LOS is buggy. Or more likely, the Muton saw him move there. This was in the Str 8 region, a major blow to my counter-intelligence efforts. Now I'm forced to bait out supply mini-retals here. It is 13 August and I can't intel job for 21 days.

On the plus side, Elite Scope.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

7-man vs Swarming+ HQ

Half the squad was medium rank, but they still came through unwounded. This squad had the 100+ Psi Initiate (all the min/max I did after the rookie came out of the psi tube). The fail chance on Insanity was so small, the question became "do I want to risk mind control on this target and activating a pod behind?" The General was 42 HP 4 Armour but it had a really sad performance: got stunned by the Mastered M2 Drone and it never woke up. Cool imagery of "Wisp" shooting and cutting a Shieldbearer at the same time (Hit and Run into Fleche). The Muton that panicked (Insanity) and was hunkering down only to get Fleched was cute.

Now then... this will trigger 2 missions to immediately trigger as I've just liberated East Europe.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs Heavy Lib 2 "Scientist in Jail" - 11% infil, 22 turn limit, evac on other side of map

Featuring:
- "Jaybird": MSGT OW ranger
- "Wisp": MSGT tank shinobi
- "Slayer": MSGT assault
- "Cypher": GSGT hacker spec
- "Showtime": MSGT Col snapshot officer
- "Top Shelf": TSGT holo sniper (amazing aim but I needed another holo)
- "Apex": MSGT DfA AMF sniper

Turn 1, no contact.

Pod 1 (7-man) shows up to the side, in a building. The same building the snipers took high ground for.

Turn 2, "Gizmo" Capacitor Discharge hitting everything in pod 1. Naja dead, everything else disoriented. "Jaybird" kills M2 Viper and Sectoid, still has OW up. "Wisp" spots pod 2 (also large) ahead of "Slayer", then yellow moves to a safer spot. Gets spotted - max vision-range detection by an M2 drone. This gives the 2 snipers on the roof something to do. "Cypher" Full Override steals the M2 drone (100%). "Slayer" Run & Gun into Trench Gun for 2 kills: M1 Viper and M2 Trooper. "Showtime" Double Taps an M1 Naja and M1 Drone from pod 2. "Top Shelf" lands 77% shot to kill the other M1 Naja in pod 2. "Apex" lands 80% shot to oneshot M2 Lancer.

M2 Gunner of pod 2 dies to "Jaybird"'s last OW shot. "Slayer" CCS shoots dead an M1 Viper (pod 1, disoriented) first.

Turn 3, Stolen Drone moves to melee range of M2 Sidewinder - activates pod 3. Snek gets stunned. "Slayer" moves to dazed M2 Sidewinder, CE shoots it and moves back. "Gizmo" fails 87% hack with Full Overdrive on M2 Mec. "Top Shelf" shoots and "Cypher" finishes M2 Mec with Combat Protocol. "Showtime" oneshots M2 Guardian that flanked itself on scamper.

Scout shoots stolen Drone for 1 damage (ah, SMG vs 3 armour). Drone-on-drone action: did you know Drone stun works on Drones? M2 Grenadier crits stolen Drone for 4.

Turn 4, "Apex" kills Scout. "Top Shelf" shoots and "Wisp" finishes (from flank) M2 Grenadier. "Wisp" then lands 1 of 2 Rapid Fire shots on flanked M2 Officer. "Showtime" finishes Officer: "that's how it's done!" then oneshots M2 Drone. "Slayer" oneshots stunned snek through high cover, then CE into reload.

Turn 5, RNF is yellow. Oh and Evac isn't quite at opposite side of map - it's towards the spawn location. "Gizmo" hack lamp for 100% Deception - pod 4 is revealed (the last one). Mind control an M2 Gunner, then "Gizmo" hacks an Archer to mind control that too with its OW. For some reason, this then mind controls an M2 Trooper - I make it green-alert OW. "Apex" lands a non-fatal shot on Centurion.

Deceived M2 Gunner dies to M2 Grenadier's incendiary and Centurion's rifle. Deceived M2 Trooper kills M1 Sentry.

Turn 6, Hacked Archer weakens Centurion for "Apex" to kill and reload. Deceived M2 Trooper frags M2 Grenadier and "Jaybird" finishes it. The mind controlled units are killed off.

100% Enemy Protocol for "Cypher", lol. Hmm, forgot to Skullmine on the RNF, they were killed too quickly.

Flawless victory. No promotions.

While I've begun plasma rifle research, most of Tygan's time is spent cracking open Elerium Cores. Supplies are not the bottleneck, Elerium is.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

8-man GOp squad vs 8-turn Hack. 35% infil

Featuring:
- "Jaybird": MSGT OW ranger
- "Wisp": MSGT tank shinobi
- Cpl Gunner
- "Cypher": GSGT hacker spec
- "Showtime": MSGT Col snapshot officer
- "Top Shelf": TSGT holo sniper (amazing aim but I needed another holo)
- "Apex": MSGT DfA AMF sniper

Turn 1, "Wisp" walks into 2 pods and an M1 Turret - yeah she doesn't have Covert. Activate Fortify (AWC), Overdrive Serum up, throw evac flare and Fleche an M1 Stun Lancer. "Gizmo" takes control of Turret (100%). "Showtime" Commands "Wisp" to triple shoot (Hit & Run -> Rapid Fire) the flanked M2 Rocketeer. "Top Shelf" moves, rapid holos and smokes for herself and "Jaybird"'s EV move.

Pod 3 (revealed by hacked turret) belatedly realises it should activate. Turret tanks a lot of shots before dying. "Jaybird" misses OW shot on M2 snek, loses Rapid Reaction. The spit only affects "Top Shelf".

Turn 2, mark that snek for death, "Showtime" gets her on first shot. M2 Guardian dies to "Showtime"'s 2nd shot. "Wisp" kills an Engineer at 68% then moves forward. "Apex" kills a 10 HP M1 snek by GRAZING it, then DfA moves out of danger. "Jaybird" dash to EV while flanking Sergeant that gets suppressed by gunner.

Pod 4 walks in on "Jaybird". Centurion tanks 1 shot, M1 Naja dies from 2nd OW. Another Naja sets up on roof and somehow a 3rd Naja (maybe pod 3?) busts out of the garage door behind "Wisp" and spits on her.

Turn 3, Naja on roof dies to holo + "Showtime". "Wisp" moves out of puddle, gets healed by "Gizmo", shoots exposed Naja in the face (crit - killed) then moves into cover that flanks an M1 Viper. "Gizmo" hacks lamp to enter Concealment. "Apex" finishes Centurion after it gets holo'd. "Jaybird" contemplated triple shooting (Run & Gun) but M2 Sidewinder died on 1st shot (42%).

Snek runs away.

Turn 4, "Gizmo" sees nothing despite triple move by Command. Squad reloads and prepares.

Pod 5 runs into "Wisp".

Turn 5, fail to Master the Archer at 67% - killed by "Top Shelf". "Apex" kills M2 Gunner. "Showtime" kills M2 Drone but misses M2 Trooper on roof behind cover. "Wisp" activates pod 6 while walking to better cover - hunker and Aid Protocol.

Muton eats "Jaybird"'s EV shot to shoot gunner for 4 (graze through high cover). "Wisp" gets spat on after an M1 snek tanks "Jaybird"'s 2nd shot.

Turn 6, "Wisp" walks to pick up loot, gets healed of poison, kills snek that spat on her then Fleches up a gutter pipe to oneshot an M2 Trooper. "Gizmo" uses 2nd action to Capacitor Discharge, killing Muton and wounding snek that dies to "Apex". "Top Shelf" scores a kill on self-flanked snek far away.

Turn 7, hack console, pick up loot.

Turn 8, squad is out. Feels so wrong RNF didn't even turn red.

Flawless victory. "Top Shelf" and "Cypher" promoted. Cpl Gunner Trial by Fire'd.

Elite Hair Trigger, 3 Elerium Cores, 25 Intel. UFO revealed. Time to boost a Lib 3 elsewhere to free up an 8-man GOp squad for that.
1st
2nd
3rd
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Just had an 8-man GOp vs Moderate Lib 3. Horrible misplay when I swung the squad around to deal with a pod that was coming in from the flank: another pod came in from the front. The unit that was spotted by them was "Showtime" the snapshot officer. Orange-alert spam sent her to the medbay for 19 days. Such carelessness when I knew M3 dudes are starting to come out. That pod also sent "Jaybird" to the medbay for 9 days because I Aid Protocol'd the wrong unit and an M2 Gunner suppressed her OW shots away.

Still, Network tower for West US revealed. Once that's done, it'll be time to knock on Blacksite and a Facility. Given WotC is coming out and I've been hit by the 1.4-infiltrated GOp bug, not sure what I'll do with this campaign - 24 hours away from researching Plasma rifles.
1st
2nd
3rd
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

Haha great 8-turn hack Mission. Goddamn sneaky sneks