Command pod in Supply Raids

Lexx42

Command pod in Supply Raids

Post by Lexx42 »

Need information (exact conditions) about the appearance of command pod in Supply Raids and also UFOs.
ginyu549

Re: Command pod in Supply Raids

Post by ginyu549 »

I don't know for sure, but I think it comes from under-infiltrating those missions. I think they also need to be in a region with strength 4 or higher?
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Found this:
chrisb wrote:I spent some time going through the mission schedules to see where the breakpoints were for the supply raids. Here's a general idea of what to expect. Keep in mind that supply raids have a +1 alert modifier, so the minimum alert is always 2. If the region strength is > 1 then you can overinfiltrate to effectively lower the region strength. For force level, you can roughly equate supply drops with FL as they have similar timings but are not strictly related to each other, just gives a general idea of the timing.

Command Pods
The command pod varies based on mission alert level and force level. As FL rises the command pods become stronger. With high alert, the command pod will also go from an 5 man pod to an 8 man pod.

Alert

Code: Select all

2-4 : No Command Pod
5-6 : 5 Man Command Pod
7+  : 8 Man Command Pod
5 Man Command Pod - Force Level

1-3   : No specific command pod.
4-7   : Muton, M2 Muton, Shield Bearer, M2 Mec, Archer
8-12  : 2xM2 Muton, Shield Bearer, M2 Mec, M2 Archer
13-16 : M2 Muton, M3 Muton, M3 Shield Bearer, M3 Mec, M2 Archer
17-20 : 2xM3 Muton, M3 Shield Bearer, Sectopod, M2 Archer
8 Man Command Pod - Force Level

1-3   : No specific command pod.
4-7   : Muton, M2 Muton, Shield Bearer, 2xM2 Mec, Archer, Berserker, Random
8-12  : 2xM2 Muton, Shield Bearer, 2xM2 Mec, M2 Archer, Berserker, Random
13-16 : M2 Muton, M3 Muton, M3 Shield Bearer, 2xM3 Mec, M2 Archer, Berserker, Sectoid Commander
17-20 : 2xM3 Muton, M3 Shield Bearer, 2xSectopod, M2 Archer, Berserker, Sectoid Commander
Encounter Size
As usual, the encounter size increases with alert, there's a rough guide of the encounter sizes to expect at each alert level. The variation at different alert levels is because there are often 2-3 possible schedules at each alert level and some are harder than others even within the same alert.

2 : 10-11
3 : 12
4 : 14-15
5 : 16-17
6 : 17-20
7 : 20-26
8 : 24-25
9 : 26
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

Command pod for supply raids depends on STR and FORCE level. Supply raids get a STR bonus (I believe it's +3) and they are equal with the STR of the highest region - e.g. either the source or the destination of the supply raid.

Below STR 5 there is no command pod. Considering the Supply raid has +3 ; and the "invading" region needs at least 2 STR you will always get a command pod, unless it's the first month of the campaign/over-infiltrate.

In a STR 5-6, you will get a command pod of 5 enemies. The enemy type depends on current force level:

Force Enemy
01-03 No Command Pod
04-07 Muton, Muton Centurion, Heavy MEC, ShieldBearer, MEC Archer
08-12 Muton Centurionx2, Heavy MEC, ShieldBearer, MEC Longbow
13-16 Muton Elite, Muton Centurion, Superheavy MEC, Elite ShieldBearer, MEC Longbow
17-20 Muton Elitex2, Sectopod, Elite ShieldBearer, MEC Longbow

Above STR 6 you will fight 7-8 enemies in the command pod as follows:

Force Enemy
04-07 Muton, Muton Centurion, Heavy MEC x 2, ShieldBearer, MEC Archer, Berserker
08-12 Muton Centurionx2, Heavy MEC x 2, ShieldBearer, MEC Longbow, Berserker
13-16 Muton Centurion, Muton Elite, Superheavy MEC x 2, Elite ShieldBearer, MEC Longbow, Berserker, Sectiod Commander
17-20 Muton Elite x 2, Sectopod x 2, Elite ShieldBearer, MEC Longbow, Berserker, Sectoid Commander

It should be similar for UFOs but I can't say for sure since I never saw a UFO in my campaigns.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

WanWhiteWolf wrote:It should be similar for UFOs but I can't say for sure since I never saw a UFO in my campaigns.

UFOs don't have a command pod with fixed composition like Supply Raids, they have instead an alien-only 8-man pod.
Zork

Post by Zork »

Encounter size 29? If that's the number of enemies it seems low, I played recently and attack troop mission, no reinforcement, 39 enemies.

Frankly the map size was looking too small, sigh. But from this play and some let's play it's more the number I remind than 29.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
faket15

Post by faket15 »

Zork wrote:Encounter size 29? If that's the number of enemies it seems low, I played recently and attack troop mission, no reinforcement, 39 enemies.

Frankly the map size was looking too small, sigh. But from this play and some let's play it's more the number I remind than 29.
Troop Column with 39 enemies means the Alert Level for the mission is 16 at Force 11-14. It's not something that happens unless you are massively underinfiltrating.
Zork

Post by Zork »

I forgot mention it was the maximum enemy Force, it was something like a 16H infiltration. The point is the tables quoted in the thread seem list full tables, but it seems not.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Noober

Post by Noober »

faket15 wrote:
UFOs don't have a command pod with fixed composition like Supply Raids, they have instead an alien-only 8-man pod.
I've done couple of those recently (both ended up being 125% inf to moderate diff, FL12) - there had been a 8 man comand pod on both but it seems that it generates differently from the raid's one.
First UFO pod was like 2 archers, 2 MEC2 + 4 advents (MK2 officer + 3 MK2 advents).
On the second UFO it was 1 archer, 1 Archon, 1 MK2 Mutton and 5 MK2 snakes.

Now I'm infilrtrating the 3-d UFO and it's FL13 so I don't know what to expect. Hope for another Archon corpse :-))
Legend difficulty.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Zork wrote:I forgot mention it was the maximum enemy Force, it was something like a 16H infiltration. The point is the tables quoted in the thread seem list full tables, but it seems not.
You're mixing up Alert and Force. The latter isn't influenced by infiltration and isn't visible in-game without a mod.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd