The infestation Dark Event....

quietoctopus

The infestation Dark Event....

Post by quietoctopus »

....is kicking my ass. Normally I’m against this kind of thing but is there a way to disable certain DEs by .ini edit or something? This one seems so much more punishing than the other one month events. I don’t have battlescanners yet and didn’t take scanning protocol on anyone so I’m at a loss of what to do here. With the faceless infiltrators you can at least avoid civilians but I don’t see how you can avoid these things when they’re burrowed. Every mission now my concealment is getting blown and my shinobis take wounds. In fact, the first time they showed up I wasn’t prepared and my vest-less shinobi got one shotted off a burrow on my turn. If anyone has any guidance on modding this out or dealing with them the honest way I would really appreciate it because I am getting just rocked here.
Last edited by quietoctopus on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwarfling

Re: The infestation Dark Event....

Post by Dwarfling »

The honest way, if you have no battlescanners:

1. Try to take missions exclusively at Ex.Light while the DE is active so that you get only one chryssalid.
2. Navigate the first turns very carefully. Chryssalids pop out of the ground every couple turns, letting you at least know the direction where they're hiding. You might want to use Intervention to compensate for a slow start. Also try to avoid Prison Breaks as they can turn into an objective rush that makes careful scouting risky.
3. Research battle scanners.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: The infestation Dark Event....

Post by johnnylump »

One way to mod them would be to go into XComMissions.ini and do a text search on "DarkEvent_InfiltratorChryssalid" which is attached to all the encounter schedules in which that dark event is relevant.

I should note that's something like 900 individual entries. Maybe some creative search-and-replace would reduce the threat.