Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

bradleyrose

Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

Post by bradleyrose »

First of all, thanks a lot for the Long War mods. Long War 2 was something I didn't dare to dream about.

So far, I have but one issue with LW2. The Mission where the Avenger gets shot down by an enemy UFO. I'm not sure if I missed something and I'll certainly load my last safe and try again a few more times. But is it intended to be as it is? That mission got so~ many~ enemies, like, 30+ maybe? Among them a few enemy types I didn't encounter so far (during this playthrough). Plus that Ice Viper King dlc boss monster thing (which shows randomly, I guess?).

Surviving this mission against 30+ enemy troops + Berserker + dlc Viper King + some robots, that was well beyond unexpected and feels over the top even for Long War.
SpinDoctor

Re: Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

Post by SpinDoctor »

Yeah. It's very difficult. However, I beat it once when every one was out. Only 7 people total left in the barracks.
Jacke

Re: Feedback for that "Avenger Defense" Mission

Post by Jacke »

It's like many missions in Long War 2. You have to be prepared for it. Get the Turret Breakdown ASAP so you can have your own turrets, as well as whatever you need to get them doubled up (forgot it). You need depth in your barracks. And leave enough behind that you can push observation deep enough to see the beacon and snipe it.