What missions can the Chosen NOT appear on?

Ivan Rajic

What missions can the Chosen NOT appear on?

Post by Ivan Rajic »

Hi everyone,

I know this isn't a LW2 question, but vanilla WOTC, but I figured there's a higher chance of someone knowing this here than on the Steam forums. So, the question is, what are the missions that the Chosen CANNOT appear on? I've been going by what the XCOM fandom wiki says - after an appearance, it's 0% on the next 2 missions, 50% on the 3rd, and 100% on the 4th. But, there are apparently some missions where they cannot appear, as I've been keeping count, and unless I lost track, I had the Warlock not appear 6 missions in a row (all in his territory). One of those missions had The Horde Sitrep, another was a Council Extract VIP (the friendly VIP, where you start with the VIP), and I honestly don't remember the other ones.

The reason I'm asking was that I took a squad geared to attack the Warlock on several missions in a row, and he didn't appear. Then I had a retaliation mission, where I figured he would appear, so I took the same squad, even though some of them were tired from the previous missions. I did kill him, but now have two high-level soldiers who are shaken and have acquired negative traits. Had I known that he couldn't appear in some of the previous missions, I would not have used that squad on them.

Thanks!