Does Advent strength affect rendezous missions and where to place soldiers?

Share strategy and tips here.
Stacked_Deck

Does Advent strength affect rendezous missions and where to place soldiers?

Post by Stacked_Deck »

Trying to work out whether I should send high ranking soldiers to high strength reasons, or to regions with only a few rebels to help with recruitment.
trihero

Re: Does Advent strength affect rendezous missions and where to place soldiers?

Post by trihero »

I've noticed that as the game drags on (like december+) the rendezvous missions get slightly harder in that the enemy pods can have 3 faceless + 2 guys at a time, so it does help to have higher ranking soldiers in newly contacted regions. Also it's not all about rendezvous, it's also about your haven soldier shows up during retaliation missions. The higher advent strength is the higher chance of retaliation missions occurring. It's almost guaranteed on higher difficulties it feels like.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: Does Advent strength affect rendezous missions and where to place soldiers?

Post by Devon_v »

Rendezvous are always low key, regardless of ADVENT strength. They represent ADVENT infiltrating you, so they can only send small pods. A strong soldier is always a good idea because you never know when all the rebels will decide to show up with SMGs and min-roll into 4-5 faceless. (Unlike say my last mission where they all brought shotguns and blew away three faceless in one turn.)

Rebels aren't good shots, so Holotargeting and Focus Fire are of particular value.