Soldier skill perks and AWC perk interactions

Share strategy and tips here.
Elfich

Soldier skill perks and AWC perk interactions

Post by Elfich »

1. Can a soldier get a perk on the AWC that is available in their standard soldier skill tree?
2. If yes, does that prevent the soldier from training that skill on the soldier tree?
JulianSkies

Re: Soldier skill perks and AWC perk interactions

Post by JulianSkies »

AWC will not in fact award a perk that is already in their skill tree.
Elfich

Post by Elfich »

Thanks, good to know.
UrzuS3V3N

Post by UrzuS3V3N »

JulianSkies wrote:AWC will not in fact award a perk that is already in their skill tree.
This is not true unless 'commanders choice' is confusing the mechanics. I have people who have AWC abilities from their normal skill tree which means I was able to pick a different skill from the regular tree which was really nice since it would have been a toss up between the 2 anyway. So now I can benefit from both! Yey!
Mavoc

Post by Mavoc »

UrzuS3V3N wrote:
JulianSkies wrote:AWC will not in fact award a perk that is already in their skill tree.
This is not true unless 'commanders choice' is confusing the mechanics. I have people who have AWC abilities from their normal skill tree which means I was able to pick a different skill from the regular tree which was really nice since it would have been a toss up between the 2 anyway. So now I can benefit from both! Yey!
most likely the soldier is getting leveled up and granted a AWC list based on a class before you choose which class they should get. This should be a bug that the 2 mods should sort out how to have the choice happen before the AWC list is generated.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

UrzuS3V3N wrote:
Commander's Choice is indeed doing so. The AWC picks from perks not available to the class the character rolled. They are not reselected if you change the soldier's class.
UrzuS3V3N

Post by UrzuS3V3N »

Mavoc wrote:
UrzuS3V3N wrote:
most likely the soldier is getting leveled up and granted a AWC list based on a class before you choose which class they should get. This should be a bug that the 2 mods should sort out how to have the choice happen before the AWC list is generated.
In a way I wish it would be fixed because most of my AWC skills are irrelevant to the classes I have chisen... but then again... on the rare occasions they do overlap and it's a good skill... it's nice to have 2 nice skills from the same rank.

Either way... I'm not overly fussed.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Devon_v wrote:Commander's Choice is indeed doing so. The AWC picks from perks not available to the class the character rolled. They are not reselected if you change the soldier's class.
Commander's Choice was recently updated to address this. It now works by promoting Rookies in the Armory to a specific class and they will get the proper set of AWC perks for that class.
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

I have one sniper with "lethal" as his tier 3 offensive perk and if im remembering correctly isnt that one of his tier 8 class perks? If so i think its possible.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Kizaray wrote:I have one sniper with "lethal" as his tier 3 offensive perk and if im remembering correctly isnt that one of his tier 8 class perks? If so i think its possible.
Lethal is an Assault skill in LW2 at Master Sergeant rank. No other LW2 soldier class has it.
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

Ahhh okay. Im away from my computer and couldnt check. Thanks for the correction.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

The MSGT sniper perk is Alpha Mike Foxtrot (maybe someone with knowledge in the military can explain the name :? ) and gives +4 damage instead of +2 for Lethal.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

LordYanaek wrote:The MSGT sniper perk is Alpha Mike Foxtrot (maybe someone with knowledge in the military can explain the name :? ) and gives +4 damage instead of +2 for Lethal.
I don't think it's miltary per se but it's a quote from the movie "The A-Team"
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

I don't even know what this movie is, but probably the french title doesn't look like "équipe a" :)
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

LordYanaek wrote:I don't even know what this movie is, but probably the french title doesn't look like "équipe a" :)
"L'agence tous risques" from the looks of it
NoDebate

Post by NoDebate »

I'm curious to see how that may change in 1.2. From the patch notes:

- AWC cross-training restrictions reconfigured to exclusively use perk triggers (rather than currently bugged class restrictions). Should see a lot more options open up for training.

So does that mean we will see AWC rolling perks in our class trees? How will that interact with hidden L2/L3 perks? Will each class have a catered list?
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

NoDebate wrote:

- AWC cross-training restrictions reconfigured to exclusively use perk triggers (rather than currently bugged class restrictions). Should see a lot more options open up for training.

So does that mean we will see AWC rolling perks in our class trees? How will that interact with hidden L2/L3 perks? Will each class have a catered list?
Actually they'd just updating the system on how it doesn't awards perks in your tree. Right now if they are locked by class the perk will not show in the AWC period, so instead they're making some perks that were class locked be instead locked by perks that only show in certain classes
dodger

Post by dodger »

NoDebate wrote:

You can try it yourself now with a simple INI edit:

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 17&t=23895