Officer Leadership Bonus questions

Share strategy and tips here.
Goldenmonkey

Officer Leadership Bonus questions

Post by Goldenmonkey »

Leadership:
This officer provides bonuses to will, dodge and infiltration to soldiers who have previously served under his or her command. These bonuses scale up the more missions they go on together.

How big is that bonus?
Can I see it somewhere?
Does it, in your experience, justify putting a lot of emphasize on it?
Does it go away, if I have one guy switching between teams?
If I have an offcer and a soldier, doing a lot of missions together and I put them in a bigger squad, with another, higher ranked officer, the bonus will not count fo rthis mission, correct?
- I will get it back, when I do the next mission with just the initial 2 members, correct?

Thanks
JulianSkies

Re: Officer Leadership Bonus questions

Post by JulianSkies »

Bonuses are a little bit hard to calculate, but I do have the values straight of the config files.
Covertness: 0.0075/mission, cap 0.25
Will: 1/mission, cap 40
Dodge: 1/mission, cap 20
Aim: 0/mission, cap 0
Defense: 0/mission, cap 0
Notice the aim and defense, they're zero but you can configure for a higher value.

The bonus is applied per soldier when the officer is the leading officer, the log of missions under said officer can be seen in the bottom of the officer ability list (it's a button).
Running with another officer doesn't erase the mission history, you just don't get it while serving with a different officer.

It's definitely with it to put emphasis on it, 20 dodge isn't bad and the infiltration time is useful, build your squads around officers is say.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

The bonuses for will and dodge are in the OfficerPack ini starting at Line 134

Code: Select all

LEADERSHIP_WILL_PER_MISSION=1
LEADERSHIP_WILL_CAP=40
LEADERSHIP_DODGE_PER_MISSION=1
LEADERSHIP_DODGE_CAP=20
LEADERSHIP_AIM_PER_MISSION=0
LEADERSHIP_AIM_CAP=0
LEADERSHIP_DEFENSE_PER_MISSION=0
LEADERSHIP_DEFENSE_CAP=0
The infiltration bonus is at the bottom of the InfiltrationSettings ini

Code: Select all

LEADERSHIP_COVERTNESS_PER_MISSION=0.0075f
LEADERSHIP_COVERTNESS_CAP=0.25f
Goldenmonkey

Post by Goldenmonkey »

Great, thanks!

Covertness: 0.0075/mission, cap 0.25
Will: 1/mission, cap 40
Dodge: 1/mission, cap 20
Aim: 0/mission, cap 0
Defense: 0/mission, cap 0

So 10 missions under the same officer result in +10 dodge and +10 will and 0.075 covertnes.
That is actually not bad. I think I might even use a 3 man stealth team, and build one into a tank. A max of +20 dodge would be incredible for a tank, even though that will be hard to achive.
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Do all missions count for the bonus, or will it only add up successful missions? Would you be able to cheese it by sending them on hopeless missions just to evac right away and bump up the bonus?
Goldenmonkey

Post by Goldenmonkey »

DerAva wrote:Do all missions count for the bonus, or will it only add up successful missions? Would you be able to cheese it by sending them on hopeless missions just to evac right away and bump up the bonus?
Should be easy to test, " the log of missions under said officer can be seen in the bottom of the officer ability list (it's a button)."
trihero

Post by trihero »

DerAva wrote:Do all missions count for the bonus, or will it only add up successful missions? Would you be able to cheese it by sending them on hopeless missions just to evac right away and bump up the bonus?
Successful missions only, I tested this a few weeks ago with some quick fails/evacs and it doesn't add up.
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Thanks for the test for clearing that one up :)
AlexTFish

Post by AlexTFish »

Also in a mission if you mouseover a soldier's name, you get to see all their stats, with current temporary bonuses in green like (+2). That's the total from all effects, but at the start of a mission that's usually only leadership history plus Lead By Example.

You might need the Perfect Information mod for this - not sure.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Why are aim and defense 0? Was it determined through testing that it's OP if >0?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

My recollection is that it became way too easy to stack aim and defense from a variety of sources until you were super accurate and invulnerable, so we had to cut somewhere. I'm not entirely sure we ever had both turned on; some options we coded up for future balancing and other modders, but never actually used.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

I see. I changed the aim and def to 0.25/mission and 5 max, just to see what happens, and to give a bit more weight to the squad/officer relation I guess... But I don't see the aim and def bonuses showing up - does this have to be enabled from the beginning of the campaign?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

It's possible but I really don't remember how that's set up and I'd have to spend an hour code-diving to figure it out. Might also only start accumulating from when you turn it on, or only accumulate when you hit a whole number.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

No worries, it will show ;)
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

So nothing happened in the then current campaign. Since then I started a new campaign, and again I have no changes to aim/defense... This is what I did, I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me if I did something wrong:

; infiltration bonuses set in infiltration ini
; LEADERSHIP_WILL_PER_MISSION=1
; LEADERSHIP_WILL_CAP=40
; LEADERSHIP_DODGE_PER_MISSION=0.5
; LEADERSHIP_DODGE_CAP=10
; LEADERSHIP_AIM_PER_MISSION=0
; LEADERSHIP_AIM_CAP=0
; LEADERSHIP_DEFENSE_PER_MISSION=0
; LEADERSHIP_DEFENSE_CAP=0

LEADERSHIP_WILL_PER_MISSION=1
LEADERSHIP_WILL_CAP=40
LEADERSHIP_DODGE_PER_MISSION=0.5
LEADERSHIP_DODGE_CAP=10
LEADERSHIP_AIM_PER_MISSION=0.25
LEADERSHIP_AIM_CAP=5
LEADERSHIP_DEFENSE_PER_MISSION=0.25
LEADERSHIP_DEFENSE_CAP=5

@johhnylump Definitely don't feel obliged to do any code searching, I'm just curious if anyone knows anything offhand.