Support Grenadier the new meta in 1.3?

Share strategy and tips here.
LordYanaek

Re: Support Grenadier the new meta in 1.3?

Post by LordYanaek »

darkerevent wrote: Dense Smoke is a good case in point. It's always great to have, and it would be nice for that extra security when executing a jailbreak. However, when I'm honestmanning in 1.3, I don't anticipate wanting to risk TSGT or higher support grenadiers on guerilla ops like that once enemies such as archons are actually present...
Well, of course it's a matter of personal tastes whether you send high level soldiers who might die or low level ones who might survive ;) I tend to avoid suicide missions and always try to give my troops a chance to survive, also i don't swap soldiers in and out of squads unless i need to replace a lost soldier or something unusual happens so those grenadiers will eventually level up on their own pace.
Fizpez

Post by Fizpez »

darkerevent wrote:
LordYanaek wrote: *snip whole bunch of stuff* (The ADVENT Officer grenade still catches me by surprise every time, and it seriously shouldn't at this point.)
I totally feel your pain.

*BOOM*

"Oh yeah, those guys have grenades.... you should really remember that for like the 50th time...."

/rinse and repeat
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Be careful when removing part of a multi quote, this line wasn't from me ;)
JoINrbs
Long War 2 Crew

Post by JoINrbs »

stefan3iii wrote:An interesting nerf to sting grenades would be to give them fall-off stun % chance, so enemies at the center have a 50% chance to stun, and the enemies at the edge would be something like 25%.
I think more like 20% in center and 10% at edges xD
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

JoINrbs wrote:
stefan3iii wrote:An interesting nerf to sting grenades would be to give them fall-off stun % chance, so enemies at the center have a 50% chance to stun, and the enemies at the edge would be something like 25%.
I think more like 20% in center and 10% at edges xD
I changed them to 100% 1 point.

So you can negate a move action or a shoot action, but not an entire turn unless you rapid deploy and dump 2 grenades
zula

Post by zula »

nightwyrm wrote:The explosive path of grenadiers is so bad until you get Combat Engineer.
I second that.

Playing LW2 now for a long time. In my opinion their perk tree needs to be reworked to get this perk a little earlier. Maybe at Staff Sergant.