Are these early haven strategies good?

Share strategy and tips here.
josna238

Are these early haven strategies good?

Post by josna238 »

In my first game I had huge problems with infiltration times (and I don't like 0% missions like everebody seems to love, especially on early game) So I planed this strategy and would like to experience player to give me their opinions:

1.- Put all the first haven rebels on intel. Use highest rank spldier advisor until #13 then change to scientis. Only get rebels with rewards, jails and advisor. Use avenger to scan always on home-haven until liberation. Do 2 early contacts and put everyone on recruit on those havens until #13.

2.- Put on the first haven all the rebels on recruit plus high rank soldier advisor and use the avenger to scan (don't contact other regions until #13 on home-region) Then switch all rebels to intel with scientist and contact other regions and liberate the first one. Eventually go on missions where can get at least 57% infiltratio. Until got #13 use the intel saved by don't contacting to boost infiltrations (57% into 100%, 71% into 125% and 86% into 150%).

Wich of those strategies sounds best to you? I totally discard a "balanced haven strategy" with both supply, intel and recruit in early game for home-haven for a number of reasons, but mainly because on early game I would receive not enough intel to do good infiltrations, too slow recruitment and a ridiculous amount of supplies. And even worse, a single faceless can turn an activity to zero if have 2 rebels on that job because of the negative thing.
LordYanaek

Re: Are these early haven strategies good?

Post by LordYanaek »

If you can go from 57% to 100% you're playing at veteran and either could probably work.

On higher difficulties waiting to start the liberation chain will make those missions (especially the first tower) much harder which is why most players try to liberate fast and this requires Intel job from your rebels).

Note that even on Veteran you'll have a harder time liberating if you wait for more powerful troops to show or you'll need to delay longer to get stronger weapons. Not sure the additional rebels would be of enough value to offset the later liberation but i haven't tested.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

I don't find much value in setting rebels to recruit on the home region (the one you'll be trying to liberate). You'll get some jailbreaks between the first two months to fill it up decently. I however set 2 rebels on recruit after I'm past 9 rebels in the haven (7 intel + scan and 2 recruit + soldier) so I get the Haven close to full by the time I liberate and I still get a chance to catch stuff like supply raids and columns while liberation goes on.

Also I tend to initially set the rebels of new low strenght regions also into Intel, if I got the available crew to do the missions, to catch some missions before starting to recruit, and possibly start a 2nd liberation chain.

The thing is, you can expect the regions adjacent to your liberated regions to spike in strenght, so it's not of much value to increase the number of rebels past some point because they'll end up hiding to avoid retaliations and then you'll have wasted time recruiting when you could have caught some missions here and there.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

I hadn't thought about how difficult would be a late tower mission. Then for this point you are right, for first haven a full intell plus jailbreaks is the best.

But I disagree with the idea of putting intel rebels on secondary regions. I mean that when we have just contacted a region it has something like 4 or 6 rebels what mean (without avenger and maybe with faceless) very low chances to get decent infiltrations (we could have no decent jailbreaks), so I still think that a recent contacted region shold be full recruit until #13. And of course it gives some rookies for early game (as far as we have full intel on our home.haven).

In addition there is still the point of when to contact secondary regions, should I do as soon as I can or should I wait to liberate first region? FOcusing on one single region allows us to have 2 or 3 free advisors on deployed squads, and a lot of avenger scaning time (4 days for region plus time flying here and there...) that could make the difference.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

On secondary regions it's probably best to run recruit until you have a decent staff yes.
Have a look at this thread if you didn't already.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

In a new region, unless I have something else to do, I will run the Avenger + Full Intel + Scientist for about 5 days, then bounce them all to recruit with a high ranking soldier.

The initial burst of intel is all that is needed to fish for the jailbreaks. Any more than 5 days is sort of wasted as the odds don't go up much more after that.

Recruit until I hit around 10, which is easy if you get a nice Jailbreak out of the intel burst. After that might go supply, depending on whether I need missions or not or if I want to liberate up to the network tower to make it a strength sink.