Strategic help needed

Share strategy and tips here.
archangel

Re: Strategic help needed

Post by archangel »

WanWhiteWolf wrote:
archangel wrote:
sacho wrote:
You said you tried doing it with an 8-man squad, right? That means your base infiltration was >8 days. If you had tried infiltrating a 5-man squad you would have been over 100%.
Maybe but I had no idea what awaited me and I certainly didn't expect this shit I got.
I don't want to poke the bear but ....now you know.

I find overall okay-ish the new concept. Definitely better than the old one where you HAD to zerg the supply raids and completely break any balance progression-wise.

What is - from my point of view - not so good:
- RNG in getting engineer / scientist earlier; I had a situation where I didn't get any of them until June (lol). Their prices on the market is to expensive relative to your "income" in the first months.
- Lack of specific corpses. Now that supply raids have less corpses, your research will be gated (unless you are lucky). At least in my case.

- You can solve the first problem with the mod that gives you 1 scientiest + 1 engineer at start. Less RNG involved that can screw you start.
- The second problem ....no solution yet. Pray to the RNG that you get the corpses in time.
The corpse problem is real now with how doing Supply missions is fucked.
Maybe time to install that mod that lets your soldiers carry dead alien corpses from any mission. Each soldier can only carry one, it is risk vs reward type of mod and would fit with 1.3+ LW2 where corpse supply is a problem without unbalancing it.