Uncontacted Advent Strength Sinks

Share strategy and tips here.
galith

Uncontacted Advent Strength Sinks

Post by galith »

One thing I've noticed in my last two campaigns which I thought I'd pass on in case others found it useful: If your starting region and the first region you contact are both connected to a third region, and you are not planning to contact that as your third region (and make contact ASAP) than you should plan not to contact that double adjacent region. If you've had reasonable luck with supply raids and troop columns, and especially if you've liberated one of your first two regions, then the vigilance in that uncontacted region will go through the roof. Advent may then reinforce towards this region you are ignoring and away from neighboring regions which you want to contact and run missions in.

For example, in my last campaign I started in New Mexico and first contacted Eastern USA. Both were connected to New Brazil, which was the 5th region I contacted (after liberating New Mexico) only to find that it had strength 8 (!!!). I couldn't run missions in a strength 8 region, so vigilance started decaying, and those legions were then freed up to reinforce neighboring regions.

In my current campaign I started in New India and immediately contacted Eastern Europe. Those two regions are both adjacent to East Africa, so I am planning to make East Africa the last region I contact. I could tell by monitoring Tactical Dark Events that I had driven vigilance high enough there such that TDEs couldn't spawn, and it has an extra +2 desired strength from New India being liberated, so desired strength is well over 10. Hopefully Africa will be a frequent landing site for undetected UFOs, and those strength points will all get sucked into East Africa.
SonnyWiFiHr

Re: Uncontacted Advent Strength Sinks

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Vigilance do not hit just one region. Depending on mission it will spread to another region.

Success in Troop Maneuvers will decrease RV (Reginal Vigilance) on the region, but there's a 50% chance of increasing RV by +1 on an adjacent region

More troop Maneuvers - more vigilance in other regions.
The Preacher
Psieye

Re: Uncontacted Advent Strength Sinks

Post by Psieye »

Provided you are happy to be in the dark on when an invasion is elligible, this is a valid school of thought. Minor caveat: vigilance won't decay but it can fluctuate depending on Repression dice rolls. The game will never tell you about Repression but the ini comments say every 21 days there's a chance the uncontacted region's rebels can slightly change the situation.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd