7 faceless on lib3 mission?!

Share strategy and tips here.
Dcruize

7 faceless on lib3 mission?!

Post by Dcruize »

I'm in August, playing on Commander and just got one hell of an unexpected fight on a 6 man very light 175% infiltrated lib 3 'capture the vip' mission in a strength 7 region. I haven't triggered the faceless infiltrators dark event but do have 'greater faceless'. As well as the 11 regular troops the AI added in 7 faceless plus the wasted time caused three waves of rnfs. Has something gone wrong, is it a side effect of strength 7 I haven't encountered before, or will every mission I attempt now be swamped by faceless for some reason I don't yet understand?

Most stressful fight ever in XCOM, in hindsight it was pretty awesome to get out with just a couple of grave wounds but I can't handle the stress of dealing with this situation every mission.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: 7 faceless on lib3 mission?!

Post by johnnylump »

This is an occasional feature of capture the VIP missions, more likely at higher strength, iirc. Think of the Faceless as plainclothes security in the crowd.
Dcruize

Re: 7 faceless on lib3 mission?!

Post by Dcruize »

Ahhh so a feature not a bug, that's great thanks! Something to be aware of in the future...