Detecting supply raid before Invasion

Share strategy and tips here.
Anonymous918

Detecting supply raid before Invasion

Post by Anonymous918 »

I'm playing legend if it makes any difference.

For about 1.5 to 2 months I had all my rebels in a liberated region next to a strength 8 on intel to see if I could detect a supply raid with a good timer. I had another just liberated region where I put them all on supply and then I switched both of the liberated regions to half intel/half supply when it was long enough, since they were both adjacent to the same high strength region (it went up to 9).

I did detect a very low timer supply raid but I would have been better off just having the region on supply since I could do nothing to stop the invasion.

Should I even try detecting it or just put them on supply knowing that an invasion is going to pretty much kill most of the rebels in the region?
SoundOfRain

Re: Detecting supply raid before Invasion

Post by SoundOfRain »

Good question. Like several things in LW2, the answer is: it depends.

Facing any invasion, you have 3 choices on what to do:
1) try to fight
2) try to evacuate a couple of rebels
3) don't show up

When it comes to Intel, you have 3 choices as well:
A) Ignore any invasion, just put 13 rebels on supplies. When it happens, it happens and you decide what to do
B) You want a bit of a warning, even if it's impossible to stop a Supply Raid with 1-2 days of time remaining, you know what's going to happen. This way you can keep a team at the ready to do that evacuation of 2/3/4 rebels, so the region won't get wiped out and be useless for the rest of the game
C) You really want to avoid that invasion. Maybe you are at the point in the game when resources are not a problem anymore, with 2/3 regions liberated, but Intel is useful to expand fast. You can put ~10 rebels on Intel and 3 on supplies. Or if you really have too many scientist and you don't have much to research (e.g. you are post-coil), 8 Rebs on Intel + 1 Scientist + 5 on supplies.

Generally I tend to go with options 2) and B), maybe others make other choices