Random Advent Trooper appears behind me.

2by2ark

Random Advent Trooper appears behind me.

Post by 2by2ark »

Really tough supply raid mission. Might not make it out in one piece. Definitely not if my concealment is blown turn one by a magical hacking Advent trooper from outside the map. Never heard of that before.
Attachments
wtf.jpg
wtf.jpg (245.78 KiB) Viewed 7999 times
2by2ark

Re: Random Advent Trooper appears behind me.

Post by 2by2ark »

I tried to play the mission anyway (didn't go well). I can provide the save file but it's ironman, so I don't know if it will help.

The mods I'm running with LW2 are all cosmetic/QoL.

Running the game on Windows 10 with Steam Workshop for mods. Current version is still 1.0 as far as I know.

I have no idea how to reproduce the bug. I started a supply raid, save/exit because I had to leave, came back to play, moved my first turn and saw a pod, but got into cover to keep concealment, and suddenly there's a single trooper behind me in the corner of the map. He was standing in a tile I had full vision of, so there's no way he was there before. He didn't activate as part of a pod, just by himself. But concealment break revealed a 7 man pod and another the turn after. Completely ruined the mission.
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We think we fixed something like this for 1.1. It was basically a vanilla error handler kicking in.
2by2ark

Post by 2by2ark »

Yeah I see it in the patch notes for 1.1. "Fixed a base game issue where multi-unit movement could sometimes result in a unit temporarily teleporting to the 0,0,0 tile (exactly where that trooper was standing)."

I made the mistake of not looking for it in the patch notes before posting, but I appreciate the response anyway. Thanks to all of you at Pavonis and good work!